• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cup Final Day

SelimNiai

'Ark at ee mun!
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Bristol
Head Coach Paul Hull names an unchanged starting line-up from the side that defeated Pontypridd 36-25 in the B&I Cup semi-final. Bristol head into the final with Bedford Blues on Saturday (5.05pm KO) having had a two-week break from action.

Ed Barnes and Robbie Shaw continue their half-back partnership that proved so fruitful at Sardis Road, while Jack Tovey recovers from an ankle injury to start at full-back.

In the forwards David Blaney continues at hooker while captain Iain Grieve, James Merriman and Dan Montagu make up a familiar back-row.

Hull said: “We’re expecting a real battle on Saturday. Bedford are a very strong side and we will need to match them in every department. Following one of our strongest performances of the season in the semi-final, it made sense to keep faith in the same players who worked so hard to get us here.â€

The replacement bench sees one change from the semi-final, Mako Vunipola returns in place of Marco Mama.

Bristol Rugby team to face Bedford in the B&I Cup final on Saturday at the Memorial Stadium (5.05pm KO):

Jack Tovey; George Watkins, Jack Adams, Junior Fatialofa, Dan Norton; Ed Barnes, Robbie Shaw; Mark Irish, David Blaney, Darren Crompton, Mariano Sambucetti, Roy Winters, Iain Grieve ©, James Merriman, Dan Montagu.

Replacements:

Ollie Hayes, Wayne Thompson, Mako Vunipola, Darren Barry, Richard Bolt, Mark Davies, Anthony Elliott.

Cmon boys. The season has been diasterous lets be honest. But a win later will do a hell of a lot to show that there is Fight in the Blue and White.

Good good. Not a great half of rugby but think we're edging it. DC and Mark Irish schooling em in the scrums. Just got to make most of the sin-bin early in second 'aaf

Not going to lie but Bedford and the weather are spoiling this game.

Yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh!!!! Get in boys, top effort. Theyve brought pride back to Bristol Rugby. It also proves we can do it, we can kick on from here and look forward to next year.

Brilliant result! Slightly let down by the weather though, but I'm not gonna complain! :)

Latest posts