• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Current generation here to stay?

The PS2 was 8 in March of this year, if that helps put perspective on things.

For the big AAA ***les? Yeah probably, though it's still home to some awesome new stuff like Persona 4.

Besides, Sony themselves are saying that they expect the PS2 to have a 10 year life span. I fully expect the last year will be similar to the PSOne's horrible death, but still.

I would almost guarantee we will see new consoles come out in 2011/12. that's when I believe new engines like unreal 4 and the like will be out and new consoles will be needed to be able to use it properly. there is also the technology limitations of the hardware in the consoles too and this is probably why we are starting to see some issues with the latest games like texture pop in etc as the hardware is being pushed to its limits and beyond. there will be a lot more people with hdtvs by the next generation too and demand for online things like movies etc will be massive and quite possibly require a more advanced console.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zonerunner @ Nov 3 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For the big AAA ***les? Yeah probably, though it's still home to some awesome new stuff like Persona 4.

Besides, Sony themselves are saying that they expect the PS2 to have a 10 year life span. I fully expect the last year will be similar to the PSOne's horrible death, but still.[/b]

Can you say "Mini games compilation?"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 3 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can you say "Mini games compilation?"[/b]
RRRRRRARGH! HULK NO LIKE MINI GAME COMPILATIONS! HULK SMASH MINI GAME COMPILATIONS!

HULK SMASH!!!

Latest posts