• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup Final: Sharks vs Bulls

S

Steve-o

Right, the Sharks and Bulls face off on the 25 October to compete for the Currie Cup in the Shark Tank (Kings Park). All the tickets were sold out by Monday before 12am, much to my dismay.
The Sharks have been playing the best rugby for the entire tournament, in my humble opinion, and will be favourites to win the CC for the first time in 12 LONG years.

Any thoughts? Predictions?

Man i'm looking forward to it. I thin it's gonna be a great game. I really think the Sharks deserve it this time. They have been the most consistent team every year, and they really need to win something now. Besides, i know so many arrogant Bulls supporters that i cant wait to rub it into.

Sharks 29 Bulls 28

Yup, i'm predicting a one pointer this weekend. . . Come on Frans Steyn winner! (Make up for losing the Super14 last year.....)

Yes, I'm sure work would appreciate me taking the afternoon off work.

Dime bar...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Oct 24 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i know so many arrogant Bulls supporters that i cant wait to rub it into.[/b]

Mmm typical WP/Stormers supporter, always jumps on the band wagon rooting against the Bulls because their team never make it to a final.

Good luck to both teams, may the best team on the day win and may the ref have minimal influence.

Bulls 31
Sharks 28

http://www.supersport.co.za/rugby/article....s&id=275349

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
TEAMS

BLUE BULLS:
Zane Kirchner, John Mametsa, Marius Delport, Wynand Olivier, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Fourie du Preez, Pierre Spies, Wikus van Heerden, Deon Stegmann, Victor Matfield (captain), Danie Rossouw, Rayno Gerber, Derick Kuun, Gurthro Steenkamp.

BENCH:
Chiliboy Ralepelle, Werner Kruger, Juandre Kruger, Dewald Potgieter, Heini Adams, Burton Francis, Tiger Mangweni.

SHARKS (expected):
Stefan Terblanche, Odwa Ndungane, Adrian Jacobs, Francois Steyn, JP Pietersen, Frederic Michalak, Ruan Pienaar, Ryan Kankowski, Jean Deysel, Jacques Botes, Johann Muller, Steven Sykes, Jannie du Plessis, Bismarck du Plessis, Tendai Mtawirara.

BENCH:
John Smit, Deon Carstens, Albert van den Berg, Keegan Daniel, Rory Kockott, Bradley Barritt, Waylon Murray.

REFEREE: Jonathan Kaplan.

KICK-OFF: 4.30pm.

PREDICTION: Sharks by 8.[/b]

Gheez just by looking at that bench you'll have to say the Sharks should win :D .Just something I heard on Boots & All last night was an omen thing about the last time the Sharks won the Currie Cup in 1996,that year was the year after the Boks won the RWC and on that day there was also a French flyhalf(can't remember his name) playing for the Sharks

My prediction:Sharks by 10 ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bull @ Oct 24 2008, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Oct 24 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know so many arrogant Bulls supporters that i cant wait to rub it into.[/b]

Mmm typical WP/Stormers supporter, always jumps on the band wagon rooting against the Bulls because their team never make it to a final.

Good luck to both teams, may the best team on the day win and may the ref have minimal influence.

Bulls 31
Sharks 28
[/b][/quote]

Lol.

Sharks to win by 30 points after there subs cum on owning the worn out bulls.

Habana to have life threatning injury when he is owned in a tackle by 2 props and a flanker :rolleyes:

:bravo:

The only thing Bulls supporters are relying on is that the Sharks choke. Everybody knows they're the better team who have been playing the best rugby in the CC.

Steyn to win it in the last minute by accidently kicking it over the posts from a 22m drop out :p

BTW i think that french flyhalf you're talking about steynboi is Thierry Lacroux (sp?)

A vital moment early on, looked like Habana was going to score after an intercept but the sligthest of ankle taps from Michalak enabled Steyn to catch and tackle Habana.

Piennar try,penalty from Steyn

7-3 to the Sharks

Habana seems much slower these days, burnt by Terblanche and struggled to get away from Michalak. He just seems to have far to much bulk for a winger.

Basically missed the entire first half due to some badass weather which included R5 COIN SIZED HAIL !

:eek:

I'm still kinda flabberghasted.

14-9 to the Sharks, tries from Pienaar and Steyn. Surely its just as easy checking a rugby site?!

I tried SkySports but there was nothing up on there, excuse me for asking a legitimate question about rugby on a rugby forum. But thank you anyway.

Sounds like the Bulls could have done with Hougaard today. Guess he would have preferred to have been there too, he had a mare for Leicester.

Well done by the Sharks, I wish I could have had my attention on the game the whole time, but like I mentioned, some awesome mother Nature stuff happened in between.

One thing though, could they -never- have those little video inserts of the family members during game time ?
It ****** me off to no end, at one point it even went on -during- active ball play, I'm here to watch rugby not an interview.

Latest posts