• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup play-offs: Natal Sharks - Free State Cheetahs (22-10-2011, 14:30)

Now now, there is no need for that...

The wind has picked up, nice, solid breeze now.

Edit: Lol, the Sharks website recorded it wrong first, now they have fixed it.

The u21s Won 19-12 against WP, Sithole getting the only try of the match.

Last edited:
Our u21s lost in their semi-final against WP. :(

As for the game today, it is hot as ****, humid as **** and about as much wind now as in the eye of a storm.

Hopefully the latter will pick up if the humidity doesn't calm down, but seeing as it is only half ten, and the game is at a time just after when humidity tends to peak a the coast, it is likely we will see a lot of water bottles and a few handling errors from the moisture.

**** it's hot. To the stadium. B)

Ehm, our -21 beat WP 19-12

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Sharksworld.co.za is much faster with news

Lol, when I checked the Sharks website after the game in under 21 results, it had the score as 19-12. :eek:

Had me bummed for a while. :(

Can't fathom why Supersport didn't broadcast it. There weren't a lot of a PSL matches on, and no other rugby matches. Surely they could have spared one camera team, or do they really have to have 57 camera angles for each semi?

When will the Bulls play their play off match?

Bwhaha! next year's super 15!!

Relegation/ promotion decider with the Kings for 2013?

Thirty minutes to kick, two Norseman here opting to throw their wait behind the Cheetahs, kitted themselves and are quite the pair, good blokes.

Ah, what rugby does for people.

Last edited:
really looking forward to this one! watching from czech republic so hope the stream doesnt go down. players in the tunnel! Sharks home advantage + Shark Boks = Too much for the Cheetahs, should be a cracker anyway!

btw: any reason why they dont juggle it to:

10 Michalak - 12 Lambie - 13 Joubert

15 - Terblanche

edit: 23mins - wow what an opening effort by the vrystaaters!

Last edited:
I am working and only able to follow it through Twitter... This sucks. Cheetahs ahead and Goosen becoming the next Francois Steyn. Man, I hope we can recover in the second half :(

I am working and only able to follow it through Twitter... This sucks. Cheetahs ahead and Goosen becoming the next Francois Steyn. Man, I hope we can recover in the second half :(

I was just thinking that he's the next Lambie!! haha At least Lambie will be at 10 for the whole of the second half, time for him to show what he's really capable of. Goosen looks great, let's see if he can keep delivering - S15 will be the next real test for him.

Just watched a Frans Steyn tribute on youtube with some of his best moments as a Shark, Bok and at Racing Metro... he should be playing in this game!!! Michalak at best should be in the 21 jersey for the Sharks. We need Frans back in Currie Cup and S15, and playing games like this with Lambie.

Sharks really losing out in the centres, Marius Joubert is doing sweet FA!

What a crappy game! Oh my word, that was a real "chommel"...

From a Neutral perspective, the Cheetahs must be feeling hard done by... numerous knock-ons which the Touch-official didn't call...

Oh Well, that's rugby for you... Congrats Sharks! you better hope your Springboks sort their handling out before the final, they almost cost you the game.

What can I say about this game? More precisely too what extent can I say things before I am on the receiving end of the ban hammer?

Until I am calm, all I will say is this:

Thank The Lord That Drotske took off Goosen and not Daniller, and what a performance from Odwa!

17-0 in the second half, that's all I'm saying.

Happy we play our 3rd final in 4 years!

Latest posts