• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cusiter and Carter

• Thread starter Incredible Schalk
  • Start date
I

Incredible Schalk

Just noticed that they will form the halfback pairing for Perpignan this season. This will be great for Cusiter as after being superb in his early Scotland appearances, his career has tailed off badly and i feel he really needs a kick up the arse. Playing with Carter should give him alot more confidence and hopefully that can translate to the international game with the confidence and vision which he displayed against the Wallabies in 2004.

With Mike Blair as first choice, I don't think you need to worry about Cusiter since he is quite a good backup; I don't remember him making many mistakes off the bench in this years 6N... Then again, his game against Italy in '07 was one of the worst a player can have.
I say good luck to him this season.

True he was reasonable off the bench, he made one mistake dropping the ball over the line against France, not that it would have mattered. He hasnt really been making the line breaks which he was able to do with his superior physicality on Blair. So thats the area which i hope he can improve on with Carter alongside, as we know DC has the best vision in the game.

Yeah he might be decent back-up, but in 2004 he looked an awesome prospect, THE Scottish 9, with Blair on the bench. Where Blair has since pushed on, Cusiter has stalled.
This could be the perfect incentive he requires to be where he needs to be.

This will do wonders for Cusiters confirdence & will no doubt help him back into the first choice at Scotland.

Latest posts