• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Daily Rugby News Round-Up

R

Ripper

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,18259,...3370354,00.html

Fetu'u Vainikolo is threatening to leave the Highlanders due to 'stylistic' differences.

The Tongan-born winger says he can no longer take the peer pressure from his mullet wearing team-mates who insist that he joins their ranks.

Vainikolo says there is a rift in the Highlanders camp between players who have decided to follow "the way of the mullet" and those with normal haircuts.

"I keep telling them that I can't have a mullet because I've got short hair, but they want me to get braided hair extensions like Lesley [Vainikolo who plays for English club Gloucester] for a double-whammy-mullet," a distraught Vainikolo told the West-Otago Daily Morning Times .

"I can't embarrass my family like that," added the Highlanders newcomer, who offered some insight into the sect-like mullet wearing sub-group.

The squad is believed to be divided into two groups and the situation has become known as Mullet-heid.

Players sporting the 1980-style haircut are said to gather in the change rooms before training sessions where they pull their shorts up as high as they can and chant "mool-aye, mool-aye, mool-aye" in front of a Cindy Lauper shrine.
[/b]

I WILL PERSONALLY KICK ANYONE WHO TAKES THIS SERIOUSLY IN THE CROTCH

Judging by the last time I was in Otago seeing the fam I wouldn't be surprised, by the amount of mullets, if there was some wierd cult down there....

Latest posts