• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dan Carter conversion

A

akamichaelhart

Does anyone remember that conversion where Dan Carter was faced with practically gale force winds and he basically kicked it parallel to the try line and it was blown in by the wind?

Great moment.

Yeah, but the unbelievable thing is, there was NO WIND TO SPEAK OF that night... That kick was pure David Beckham...

I take it you didn't see Steyn's 60 meter drop goal last weekend, into the wind and at sea level.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Sep 20 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I take it you didn't see Steyn's 60 meter drop goal last weekend, into the wind and at sea level.[/b]
Take note: 'The day Steyn kicks a penalty like that.'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Sep 20 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I take it you didn't see Steyn's 60 meter drop goal last weekend, into the wind and at sea level.[/b]

video please.

steyn can drop kick it further than carter can kick from the tee.

carters conversion was pure fluke that was not aimed. Stupid idiot carter is always is over-rated.

Steyn is cack compared to Carter. Steyn will never never never ever be on Carters level. NEVER.

If you think Carters overrated your moms overrated.

Kiwi wit - the best thing around? :p

That kick WAS pretty amazing, and so was Steyn's dropgoal last weekend. Francois had the wind possibly in his favour however, as it was swirling a LOT.
I still don't believe that Dan Carter's kick wasn't affected by wind though.

No the wind wasn't in his favour he kicked against it, plus I don't remember it swirling much, he hit it so low and hard. Amazing. If you want a vid steynboi go search for it on youtube, it was against the Cheetahs and he received it from a 22m drop out and he was wearing the 12 jersey.

BTW I think Carter is the best flyhalf of pro era so far.

You're probably right, you'd know more than me. I'm probably getting my matches mixed up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crookedi @ Sep 21 2008, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Steyn is cack compared to Carter. Steyn will never never never ever be on Carters level. NEVER.

If you think Carters overrated your moms overrated.[/b]

you f***ing idiot. Steyn can kick much further than carter and is also more accurate. Your just over-rating him. Wilkinson is a better kicker than carter. Carter is just amazing at playmaking.

So are you saying Steyn is better because he can kick furtherer? are you saying Carters kicking is overrated? or overrated in general?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 21 2008, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crookedi @ Sep 21 2008, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you think Carters overrated your moms overrated.[/b]

you f***ing idiot. Steyn can kick much further than carter and is also more accurate. Your just over-rating him. Wilkinson is a better kicker than carter. Carter is just amazing at playmaking.
[/b][/quote]

Lol Carter is better than Steyn at kicking conversions and in general play but Steyn is better at drop goals I'll give you that. Also Wilikson might have been better kicking in his prime but that was about 5 years ago right? I guess you didn't watch the last world cup where Wilikinsons kicking and general play was average. Carter is the greatest First five ever, Steyn is like a crab on Dan his scrotum a little irritating but is nothing more then a mere pest to Carter.

Latest posts