• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dan Carter to end All Blacks career after World Cup for Racing Metro

For him to get form he needs continuity, and he isn't always going to get that, so this is a good idea for him. He's been a bit plagued by constant injuries which is a real shame, which was probably sparked by that moon boot injury he picked up around the time at Perpignan. It'd be cool to see him hit his straps one final time next year before he leaves, but if not he's left his mark on NZ rugby. When he was at his best, the greatest first five in the world by a country mile.

For him to get form he needs continuity, and he isn't always going to get that, so this is a good idea for him. He's been a bit plagued by constant injuries which is a real shame, which was probably sparked by that moon boot injury he picked up around the time at Perpignan. It'd be cool to see him hit his straps one final time next year before he leaves, but if not he's left his mark on NZ rugby. When he was at his best, the greatest first five in the world by a country mile.

Ya joking mate, he left his mark in WORLD rugby, not only NZ ! He's defenetly the best n°10 EVER !

No surprise. He's at that 'going overseas' age. It's a shrewd move - he's young enough to make an impact on club level without having to push himself in order to qualify as an international. Three years? Yeah, that's a good way to ease into retirement. I wish him the best!

das

Ya joking mate, he left his mark in WORLD rugby, not only NZ ! He's defenetly the best n°10 EVER !

Oi seecond thit. Din Cahtah is the bist nambah tin of all toym. Maybe even the best Nu-Zulland Oblique eavah.

Ohh man, if only the French knew what the rest of the world thought of their ridiculous accent (on dudes, on chicks it's kind of hot).

Good move for Daniel Carter - no one deserves a pay day more than him.

Seen people attack this move critisizing Carter for taking the money. So what? He's done so much in his career, won so many things, is the top points scorer in history and wants to go out from All Black rugby on his terms and possibly after a World Cup Win.

I think also he sees this as unfinished business after his breif stint with Perignan.

Ohh man, if only the French knew what the rest of the world thought of their ridiculous accent (on dudes, on chicks it's kind of hot).

you're obviously vexed and that wasn't my eenteention, but in reality they couldn't give a shiit if they tried, similarly: if the rest of the world really understood what French people were like ! :p It's actually an issue, how little they care about anything :s ....and ze french accent on guys happens to attract girls, and french accent on girls attracts guys. I don't have that accent so it doesn't concern me, but that's just ze way it izz !

Anyways, Dan Carter mayn, best 10 the wuurld EVAH. Nough said. shieeeeeeeeeeeeet (there, made it black American style..).

- - - Updated - - -

Seen people attack this move critisizing Carter for taking the money. So what? He's done so much in his career, won so many things, is the top points scorer in history and wants to go out from All Black rugby on his terms and possibly after a World Cup Win.

I think also he sees this as unfinished business after his breif stint with Perignan.

well I think an athlete likes a change, I genuinely believe Dan Carter (as he says it himself) would like a change of scenery altogether, renewal is a beautiful thing and he's spent the past 13 years playing in the same place, however good that place is. Late in a career, it's another exciting challenge - he used the word "exciting" like 15x in his 3min interview about the move to Frankreich. Of course he's being nice, but he must feel rejuvenated by it, plus all the money, Paris, etc...

I don't think he had all that much of a future anyways with the Cruden and Barretts of the world closing in on those 10 and 22 jerseys...of course leaving All-Black Rugby forever is tough, but it's not like he's 25, in his prime and had all that much to prove, and won't be playing the 2019 WC...
No, great move, all good.

:)

das

Last edited:
jqgqv4.jpg

:p :p and how is that a valid reason ?!!!

Did you hear me speaking ? So how can you guess what does my accent looks like ? And I do know what French accent looks like speaking English ! Ridiculous but at least you can understand it ! Ya never heared spanish speaking english ! That is awful !!! And btw, English is not my mother tongue !

So maybe we can have a bit of fun with the Kiwi accent ! Really enjoyed it when I was there !

Aww yeah na French people seaound sixy azz bru.

Good on Diiin CAHHTAAHHH. Fully deserves it ay. Chuck him a chup and a brew bru!!

Oi seecond thit. Din Cahtah is the bist nambah tin of all toym. Maybe even the best Nu-Zulland Oblique eavah.

LMAO that was actually quite well done! Oblique..... :lol:

....and ze french accent on guys happens to attract girls, and french accent on girls attracts guys. I don't have that accent so it doesn't concern me, but that's just ze way it izz !

It works that way for a lot of accents... I'm tempted to move somewhere so I'm the one with the accent. Only downside is that I'lll probably get mistaken for an American. :cool:

On Topic- good for Dan Carter.

I wish him all the bets and I'm even more temped to go over and attempt a home game in Paris

The man deserves it been holding it down for the ABs for a decade while he could've done the mcAlister or Hayman, he stayed and is leaving the team in better shape than when he arrived. He set the standards for our future 1st fives and his legacy is something future ABs will strive to reach (and hopefully exceed), that's what he's done for our game in NZ.

I've only seen articles where rival club owners are critical

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-carters-lucrative-contract-with-racing-metro

Even NZ Rugby are okay with him going

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...acks-stars-doesnt-concern-nzru-boss-steve-tew

jqgqv4.jpg

:p :p and how is that a valid reason ?!!!

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! :D

LMAO that was actually quite well done! Oblique..... :lol:

It works that way for a lot of accents... I'm tempted to move somewhere so I'm the one with the accent. Only downside is that I'lll probably get mistaken for an American. :cool:

On Topic- good for Dan Carter.

Not all accents. Eastern European, Russian, and German accepts all sound like villains to American (USA) ears. I blame the movies (and the world and cold wars).

Yeah, I can't see people complaining about it. After the World Cup Carter will be nearly 34 years old. While I know he still has a lot to give on the pitch, he is approaching the natural end of a rugby player's playing career. He could do that in NZ and continue to be called up for the ABs, but maybe his body just isn't up for that. Maybe he just wants to play some quality rugby without the pressure of international rugby looming over his head. Not that that has anything to do with his decision, but I wouldn't be surprised (nor would I fault him) if it is.

das

Latest posts