Danny Jones: Keighley player dies after cardiac arrest

snoopy snoopy dog dog

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Leinster
Tragic news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/32575741

Keighley Cougars rugby league player Danny Jones has died after suffering a suspected cardiac arrest during a game on Sunday.
The 29-year-old Wales international collapsed after being replaced during the League 1 game at London Skolars.
He was treated at the ground before being taken to the Royal Free Hospital.
"It is always devastating when someone so young dies in these circumstances," said Rugby Football League chief operating officer Ralph Rimmer.
"Danny was a popular and talented player, having played at the highest level with Wales and over 12 seasons for Keighley Cougars and Halifax."
Jones was injured in the fourth minute of the game at the New River Stadium and was treated by the match doctor and paramedics at the ground.
The match was abandoned in the 16th minute with Keighley leading 12-6.
London Ambulance were called "to a patient in cardiac arrest" at the ground at 15:10 BST and "extensive efforts were made to resuscitate him."
Rimmer added: "The rugby league community will mourn his loss and I wish to extend our deepest sympathies to Danny's family and friends at this incredibly sad time.
"The family, friends and team mates of Danny are currently and will continue to be supported by the RFL Benevolent Fund and Sporting Chance.
"We would ask that the privacy of the Jones family, players and Keighley Cougars staff be respected."

May he rest in peace.

I'm in the game along time now and it's getting scary how much cardiac problems, SADS and concussion issues are coming in to the game. It really has to be studied intensively

That's so sad, may he RIP. Not to take away from the sadness, but at least he died doing what he loved.

My heart goes out to his family friends and team mates sincerest condolences from France.

RIP Danny.

Latest posts