• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

D'Arcy called up

A

An Tarbh

Breaking news on Sky Sports News, Gordon D'Arcy has been called up to the Lions due to the lack of cover at 12.

Not sure what it says about the management's confidence in Hook if they're calling up D'Arcy but there you go.

Think they're also trying to make too much of D'Arcy's refusal to play in the final test 4 years ago, he told Woodward he wasn't fit but he was picked regardless.

Good call by the management imo.

Delighted for him, in great form. Not quite 2004 form but as close as he will get to it again. Absolutely carved England up last weekend. Could well make the 12 jersey his own come test time, Roberts has a fight on his hands now.

This presents Roberts biggest competition for the inside-centre spot.
Flutey can go do one.

Well, if he picked Hook and then D'Arcy, then I think Hook might be there for no.10 cover more than 12, because it doesn't make sense picking Hook then thinking 'screw it lets bring another 12 too'

either way if D'Arcy can get Roberts to up his game and vice versa that can only be good going into the test series.

Good move all round. To be honest given the season he's had he kinda deserves it, and on form he'll be there or there abouts.

I still think Flutey and Roberts should be favourites but for Geech to call up a 38th player (?) the injury concerns must be greater then they are letting on.

plus he's gonna be fresh going on tour given his season only really started at Christmas.

Perhaps that ****le Flutey picked up is more than just a ****le? Any news on the Earls injury aswell?

I can see Roberts taking poll for the test spot tonight but I always felt Darcy should have been on the tour anyway. Can only be a good thing for the Lions.

Latest posts