• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

David Doherty Signs For Sale Sharks

Me neither, come to think of it

I've heard some good things about him though, so we'll see how things go in the new season

A good signing for Sale. Doherty can play fullback or wing and is a former England 19 star. I think he`s about 20-21 so he has youth on his side. He has good pace and is defensively sound.Watched him a few times this year and he impressed me as a young player with a good future. I`d certainly swap him for Gloucesters new signing Matthew J Watkins.

Fullback you say? If he turns out to be good, we can have him at fullback and the Mcalister - Tait centre partnership. Not a bad signing indeed. :D

Fullback you say? If he turns out to be good, we can have him at fullback and the Mcalister - Tait centre partnership. Not a bad signing indeed. :D
[/b]
Most of his rugby has been played at fullback. he played for Leeds the last season(before this one) they got relagated. Also why are Sale your team al lof asudden I thought you were a Scarlet.

I am a <strike>Scarlet</strike> Turk. I support them, Sale and Toulouse; one team from each of the good (I use that term loosely in regards to the Magners League) Leagues in the NH. I have been for a while now, just check my userbar at the bottom of my signature.

Is that normal and is it allowed? No-one ever told me you could do that. I`ve had to put up with years of Gloucester coming up short on the big occassions. But no more. I can hedge my bets and back both teams without fear of defeat. I can see one of my teams getting a cup this year. Glaws, Bath,Wasps, Leicester,Toulouse and Munster(yuk).

Is that normal and is it allowed? No-one ever told me you could do that. I`ve had to put up with years of Gloucester coming up short on the big occassions. But no more. I can hedge my bets and back both teams without fear of defeat. I can see one of my teams getting a cup this year. Glaws, Bath,Wasps, Leicester,Toulouse and Munster(yuk).
[/b]
:lol: Well, its only one team per League for me, so I can be competitive in each of them; it makes each League more interesting, although I only support Toulouse in the Heineken Cup, since we get such limited broadcasts of the Top 14 in Britain.

Latest posts