Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Argentina vs. South Korea

Greece vs. Nigeria

France vs. Mexico

Should be some good games there, the opening match in particular is eye catching. France and Mexico both need to win that game really, France especially won't want to have to go and beat the hosts last game.

SK, Greece, Mexico are my predictions

Having said that, Uruguay looked as tepid as france in their match, then hammered SA, so France could do the same....doubt it though

Should be two very good games today.

The first game look to be a treat. South Korea are a very attractive football side, keep the ball well and play with a good tempo. Argentina are probably the most naturaly talented team in the competition but are desperately mismangaed. I expect Lionel to pull them through. Prediction: 3-1 Argentina

The final game should be pretty tasty too. Mexico have built up a reputation as good, if not fantastic team and should be well up to pushing a fragile France squad. I expect a 1-1 draw.

You weren't far wrong, it finished 4-1 to the Argies. Higuain with a hat trick. They're spellbinding going forward but I maintain that the first time they meet a top team they'll be going home, because they just cannot defend.

Greece 1 - 1 Nigeria at half time, Nigeria down to ten men after the stupidest sending off of the world cup so far. It's been a surprisingly entertaining game, especially since the red card.

Off Topic but what time is England on tomorrow?

7.30 kick off

That red card was dodgy, obviously the Nigerian shouldn't have kicked (if you can call it that) the Greek player, but i've never seen anyone play up an injury so much in my life, he looked like he'd been shot by a sniper, not had someones boot lightly touch his thigh

7.30 kick off

That red card was dodgy, obviously the Nigerian shouldn't have kicked (if you can call it that) the Greek player, but i've never seen anyone play up an injury so much in my life, he looked like he'd been shot by a sniper, not had someones boot lightly touch his thigh

Boom :D

The Greek reminded me of this incident ....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a clear red card to me, even if contact was minimal or non-existent. You just can't do that.

Oh my days, that was such a chance for Nigeria, they won't get an easier opportunity

Turned out to be a really exciting game that. 2-1 to the Greeks.

The second round of group matches has to be more exciting than the last. Teams have to attack more.

France vs Mexico has started well, both sides having chances. Vela and Franco should have hit the targets with theirs. Hope it continues as today has been a good day for footballing and, for Dan's relief I bet, we can hear the Mexican fans singing and chanting.

How much trouble would Mexico and Uruguay get in if they just kicked the ball around for 90 minutes?

I'm not sure, but their hands would be chapped and bloody after getting high-fives off of the 6,197,100 people in Ireland

Think France getting knocked out at group stage is called karma.

Great headline on l'Équipe website -

'<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAlastair%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520078593 -1073717157 41 0 66047 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->Ã" Sombres Héros...' sums up this French side perfectly for me

Latest posts