• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

de Villiers, New Bok coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lagger

So Peter de Villiers is the new Bok coach. He coached the national U21 side to glory. Maybe he is good. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, but the reason for his appointment is what worries me.

"Regan Hoskins expressed his desire to be honest about De Villiers’s appointment as one for more than just rugby reasons. If this is to be considered the first of many transparent moves by Saru, the next logical step is strict guidelines concerning the inclusion of black talent in matchday squads."

"The new Bok coach has said he doesn’t want to change much in the way of playing structures, and is committed to picking the best available team."

My concern is, will he be thick-skinned enough to select only the best players like he said he would. I don't think we have an idea how much pressure the politicians can put on rugby in this country.

My personal opinion is that they should remove the glorious Springbok emblem and the Green and Gold and replace it with something like a banana for instance. I'm so p!ssed off. The representative (read black) national soccer team is really up to ****. The upcoming African Cup of Nations will prove that. Not even a white coach can get these guys to perform! So now they want to drive rugby into the dumps.

I dunno.

Cheers

Henry

Cheers for your views Henry. We`ve already got a thread on Pieter De Villiers running in the General Rugby section, so I`m gonna close this thread to keep it all tidy and in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts