TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_59030683_dean_richards_getty.jpg

Former Harlequins boss Dean Richards is set to be appointed as the director of rugby of Newcastle Falcons for next season, BBC Sport understands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17346781

Great swoop by Newcastle. Whatever else he is, Richards is a top class coach. He'll have them back in the Premiership in no time at all. From his perspective I guess he's got to build from somewhere, so why not Newcastle. Works well for both parties.

Agreed, reckon he will use this as a springboard to put himself back in the shop window for a bigger club when the opportunity comes round.

He's got a lot to prove, a reputation to rebuild with the vast majority of fans

Chances are he won't win them a promotion as they'll have no money. The Parachute payment may well keep them afloat, but if they don't bounce straight back I think they'll struggle. Especially as Bristol, Pirates, Bedford & Leeds are all very strong outfits.

I would agree with Mite on this one, it could be a good club to go and build his reputation up with again... But Newcastle will struggle to bounce back up if they go down*...

Its great that the gap between the bottom half of the premiership and the Championship is so close...

*When they go down

Nice to see some supporters have us down when there are still 5 games left :eek:

We will do have the backing of a newer chairman this season who isnt afraid to flash the cash, we will stay afloat unlike some people who supposedly know better than me
While some Falcons fans aren't sure about having Richards in charge, i welcome him and will forgive and forget his past demeaners

So after watching Newcastle Falcons for the last 15 years as a loyal season ticket holder i will keep shouting louder and louder for the next 5 games to make sure we prove all the doubters wrong( you know who you are)

Latest posts