• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

December 1

Better to release it now unadvertised, than after christmas, and after Rugby 2006 with advertising, the damage will already be done.

I know. Just a thought I was throwing in.

But you're right, they will lose many potential sales if they delay it that long.

Mid-January should be the latest it comes out. The ideal thing would be if it came out tomorrow, and people who have seen absolutely nothing on Big-Cocked EA Sports newest ***le, or think 'Rugby 2005 was okay, but it was really tedious. I think I'll buy this before I get sucked into EA Sports marketing vortex of doom....again', will buy it thinking, well, this is different...

if they release after Chirstmas ea will get in first without a doubt. just look at cricket 2006 they brought that forward due to blic being released around the same time. blic did out sell cricket 2005 though so maybe the same will happen with rc2006. The cricket fans though are smart and they knew what they were getting wtih blic compared to cricket 2005, rugby fans though I don't think are quite as smart and will go for whatever is released first even though rc 2006 will most likely be better.
Releasing before Christmas is the easiest way, out before rugby 2006 and better sales due to Christmas. Unfortunately there has been very liittle marketing wise which indicates to me that a pre-Christmas release is highly unlikely and that a release in the early new year proabbly around feb (6 nations are on) is more likely.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 2 2005, 12:19 AM
The cricket fans though are smart and they knew what they were getting wtih blic compared to cricket 2005, rugby fans though I don't think are quite as smart and will go for whatever is released first even though rc 2006 will most likely be better.
Are rugby fans not as smart because the forwards spend all their time bashing their skulls against one another, and the backs spend too much time looking in the mirror?

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut+Dec 2 2005, 03:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lazy_chesnut @ Dec 2 2005, 03:19 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Dec 2 2005, 12:19 AM
The cricket fans though are smart and they knew what they were getting wtih blic compared to cricket 2005, rugby fans though I don't think are quite as smart and will go for whatever is released first even though rc 2006 will most likely be better.
Are rugby fans not as smart because the forwards spend all their time bashing their skulls against one another, and the backs spend too much time looking in the mirror? [/b]
yes.

on another note: theres proberly more that can go wrong in a cricket game, compared to a rugby - which is why blic did better...

possibly but I think it was more due to EA having stuffed up already over the years and Blic being a knowen brand from it's first version.

With rugby though ea had no real competition for their first few games but now they have competition from Swordfish and Sidhe. The average fan though still seems to be buying EA I guess beacuase of the EA name and maybe because they don't knoe what else is out there or they do they don't know that the othe one is better than EA. EA also push big with marketing so even if the game sucks they suck the stupid people in with their marketing. Hopefully though RC2006 changes the trend and people buy it instead of rugby 2006 and remember that it's being made by the guys that did Blic

Latest posts