• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Declan Kidney and Les Kiss, new London Irish coaching team.....

snoopy snoopy dog dog

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Leinster
.........according to the Torygraph:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-u...-les-kiss-join-forces-premiership-strugglers/

Declan Kidney, who led Ireland to their Six Nations Grand Slam in 2009, is to make a shock return to top-flight coaching as part of major overhaul at Premiership strugglers London Irish. Kidney will be joined by former Ulster director of rugby Les Kiss in a new-look coaching team, which is expected to be unveiled next week as the club attempt to resurrect their fortunes with a significant statement of intent.

Kidney hasn't had a top level coaching job since leaving his role with Ireland 5 years ago but he comes with good pedigree from an outstanding couple of spells with Munster and early success as Ireland coach.

Before his ill fated role with Ulster, Kiss was an outstanding defense coach under Kidney with Ireland.

IRFU should buy out London Irish and then drive around in a van bundling former English under 20s players with Irish sounding surnames into the back to play for LI.
I'm joking of course, but didn't the SRU have a brief Ill faited arrangement with London Scottish with regards player development?
Regardless of their not not status with two coaches who have years spent in Irish rugby I could see a few Irish players being targeted by LI. Not sure many Ulster boys will want to work under Kiss again from what I've heard though...

Well, if the SRU can get financially involved with Worcester Warriors then why not?

Driving past Sixways, I'd expect to hear 'Flower Of Scotland' before every home match!

O'Sullivan was linked with Glaws before Nigel Davies took on the mantle.

Rumours too of Paul O'Connell joining in a role that isn't full time but 3 day a week

Latest posts