• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Defence on Elite

J

jimmy44

I'm interested to know what people think about the AI defence on elite difficulty especially in comparison to ea 2005.

I find there are more gaps in ea 2006 although not always in the same place unlike 05 which always had the same gap between the outside centre and winger!

The the blind side is still a weak point alhtough I think better defended than in 05

I dont think the blind side has changed at all since 05, its just that the controls are more responsive.

I have noticed more gaps in different places in 06, which definitely makes it more fun when u've called a backline move. To b brutally honest, there hasn't been as big a step up in difficulty from normal to elite as i'd thought there would b. But as i've just started WL its not really a complaint.lol

bit of topic ........... but does the AI attack on the blind side
cause in 2005 they always seemed to attack on the openside

Yep - The cheeky Italians scored down the blindside against me through a nice little Griffin break in a ridiculously high scoring game where they dropped 6 goals!

Ive played against sides that use the blind side a lot. Depends on the team i think. Some teams like to snipe a lot with the scrum half, others tend to kick. There's a good variety this time round

Originally posted by ds_cru@Feb 15 2006, 12:36 AM
Ive played against sides that use the blind side a lot. Depends on the team i think. Some teams like to snipe a lot with the scrum half, others tend to kick. There's a good variety this time round
SICK!!!!!!!!!!! :bana:

I reckon the AI defense on Elite is very good

and programmed very well

coz there arent consistent holes u can pursue/abuse and do the same thing

in 2005 - u tend to score the same looking tries

in 2006 coz the defense plays alot of variety, holes can pop up at any time and the onus is on the us to instantaneously spot the gap and pin the ears back

alot of the time i see a gap, but i have committed to the quick hands and i pass it that one extra man, and get nailed.

alot of the tries in 2006 look very different, which is satisfying in the replays

especially with offloads...this feature has added unlimited possibilites to score different tries

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 15 2006, 08:50 AM
Is the ai still scoring lots of good trys?
yeah in division 2, i had some AI freak run 80m from a pop pass off the ruck

it was BS.

it does appear easier than 2005 though

the attacking opportunities through offloads and kicking game improved have made the hardest difficulty easier than 2005

its as though they left the ai from 2005
but gave the user more options in attack

but user defense is now harder, (dive tackle alot harder to execute with effect) so maybe they should offset

If this game is easier than 2005 then it will only last for about a week! Seriously, all this talk about a great game, and its easier than 2005!! 2005 was way too easy, and 2006 is worse, this equals a F****N S**T game after all the hype and excitement. I cant belive i let it happen to me again.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 15 2006, 12:35 PM
If this game is easier than 2005 then it will only last for about a week! Seriously, all this talk about a great game, and its easier than 2005!! 2005 was way too easy, and 2006 is worse, this equals a F****N S**T game after all the hype and excitement. I cant belive i let it happen to me again.
well if its any concelation

My 2006 WL venture is mirroring my 2005 season

1st yr â€" came middle of ladder, no promotion
2nd yr â€" won the division, promoted
3rd yr â€" won the next division, promoted
4th year â€" won the next division, champion

but in 2006 there's Elite division...so where i was world champ in 2005, i still have a ***le to get in 2006

make of that what u will......

mate when u see the endless possiblities of becoming an attacking powerhouse, u will realise this game is mint, and for attack only (like Maddens year of the QB)

i guess next year it will be year of the defense, or new rucks and mauls

atleast with EA2006, u arent deprived the ball to make the game harder...it actually feels alot like u lost it, not the ai losing it for you, and u'll lose coz ur defense was crap not coz the AI decided you've had too much ball, time to lose it

So there are 5 divisions?

Ok, so how many games do you lose a season?

In 2005 i limited myself to to new players per division. Would you recommend this to make it tougher, did you go rigth ahead and get lots of star? or is it easy regardless?

Did you get the knockout cup? Are there any cup winning celebrations?

There r 4 divisions - elite, 1, 2 + 3.
players available to buy depend on the division ur in i.e. starting out in division 3 - crappy to slighty crappy players r available.

I agree with richlew, elite is just not hard enough. Although i dont think many will get bored of this game as fast as they would have in 05 cause variety of play is just so much better.

doesnt feel at all like a chore to play through WL like last yr did. Most matches u have r just too damn good ... too damn fun

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 15 2006, 01:10 PM
So there are 5 divisions?

Ok, so how many games do you lose a season?

In 2005 i limited myself to to new players per division. Would you recommend this to make it tougher, did you go rigth ahead and get lots of star? or is it easy regardless?

Did you get the knockout cup? Are there any cup winning celebrations?
i havent won the knock-out cup

have lost in 1st round twice

there's 4 divisions 3, 2, 1 and Elite

12 teams in each division, but in Elite there's 6 teams and u play eachother twcie

i lost 3 games in the season i won the division

READY FOR IT

in 2006 - u cannot go and buy the best players in the world until ur team reaches a certain level

ie i have only just seen D Mitchell in the market for the 1st time...coz i got promoted.....D Mitchell is like nothing on caucau n co.........all my backline are nuffys.........i havent seen a star player on the market yet

u cannot buy BOD, CAUCAU, Howlett n co

players will only be interested in signing with ur club if u have results, morale, and a decent ranking.

so to assume its too easy is very assumed, and semi incorrect

if u think u'll have control of your super team within 5 years you are wrong....

a. u gotto get the players...arent available from day 1 like 2005
b. u may jump to another club, thus rendering ur built up team to be opposition
c. u can only pick from division 3 teams, when starting WL, so it may be 5-6 season before u finally get ur team (ie the tahs for me), and when i do that, i'll have to re-build the tahs...and perhaps the team i used to coach ie the reds, might be near impossbile to beat, coz i have built them up real good.

its a proper market, with options to go to other teams in financial troubles.....i hope it goes longer than 10 seasons, coz i want a good stint as the tahs......i am sick of ballymore already..........i am sick of the backyard stadiums i am playing in......but i gotto move up the rankings 1st.

i have been offfered jobs from 4 other clubs, but all of them were british clubs, and in deep financial trouble..........unless its brumbies or tahs, i will stay with the reds

p.s also i played the canes in the knockout cup in my 3rd year.....the canes are in division 1 and i am in division 2..................i won 3-0........wasnt easy, and shouldnt be, coz they are another division above me

its not all doom and gloom champ...new feature and elements with WL make it better and authentic.

Originally posted by ds_cru@Feb 15 2006, 01:32 PM
doesnt feel at all like a chore to play through WL like last yr did. Most matches u have r just too damn good ... too damn fun
THATS IS 100% CORRECT

u dont try and race thru the season, thinking how many games left till this is all over

the last round races up on you.

every game plays different too.........unlike 2005 u arent abusing the same things coz they dont exist.

Thanks for the reply. How do offers to coach other teams work, how often do they come up, and are they random?

Getting to elite division with crap players does sound a bit easy though, especially cinsdidering they dont progress.

Im getting my copy today, so ill find out soon enough.

Hopefully it is longer than 10 years as it seems like your only getting started after 5 seasons!!

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 15 2006, 01:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ds_cru
@Feb 15 2006, 01:32 PM
THATS IS 100% CORRECT

u dont try and race thru the season, thinking how many games left till this is all over

the last round races up on you.

every game plays different too.........unlike 2005 u arent abusing the same things coz they dont exist. [/b]
Well, everyone seems to agree on that. Regardless of difficulty, its just a whole lot of fun. I guess thats something.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 15 2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. How do offers to coach other teams work, how often do they come up, and are they random?

Getting to elite division with crap players does sound a bit easy though, especially cinsdidering they dont progress.

Im getting my copy today, so ill find out soon enough.

Hopefully it is longer than 10 years as it seems like your only getting started after 5 seasons!!
when ur own job security metre goes up - which is by completing season goals like finishing top 4 for example

once ur job security is past the 90 i got some offers

u get to look at a contract, showing the current state at the new club...like salary and bank balance, the division they are in etc

i reckon if a club is in touble thats when the offers come, as long as ur doing ur own job well (ie job security metre)

the TAHS got promoted to ELITE when i got promoted to Div 2, so i am in the same position as i was from day 1 of WL........2 divisions away from the TAHs

now they are leading the Elite.............its as though, EA will never let me control the TAHS........they wont hire a division 2 coach, and they wont fire there own coach with their good form

the brumbies are in my sites now.........unless the tahs form drops drastically, my options to coach them will be very limited....same goes for all clubs dominating in elite.............u may go thru 10 years of trying to get that dream job, of coaching ur team..........it sucks, but i guess a reflection of real life coaching world

Latest posts