• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

'Delilah' to be no more with the WRU?

What rubbish.

What is it about or culture that instead of focusing on education and support on issues people in power always focus on largely irrelevant things that really have no bearing on the issues involved.

Nonsense, fairly sensationalist ***le aswell, the article itself contains statements from the WRU saying that they're not considering it at all.

What rubbish.

What is it about or culture that instead of focusing on education and support on issues people in power always focus on largely irrelevant things that really have no bearing on the issues involved.

Tackling big issues requires some degree of conviction. The only conviction that the majority of politicians have is that the other lot are always wrong. Going for trivial stuff means it doesn't matter if you **** up.

Just occurred to me, all the hullabaloo is over the lyrics "At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting. "I cross the street to her house and she opened the door. "She stood there laughing... I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more."

At no point does it mention violent behaviour, it may just have been she was a knife stickler and the knife in question was uneven or of poor metal quality, after all South Wales has the steel factories, she may have been a quality controller of steel and was unimpressed. So unimpressed she called the fuzz who then attempted to arrest the man on poor knife maintenance charges....

Former Plaid Cymru president calls for 'Delilah' to be banned for denegrating Welsh Steel working quality.

Dafydd Iwan just wants Yma o Hyd played before the game instead. Absolute silly story.

I'd be interested to know what victims of domestic abuse feel about the song. If it's a trigger for them, then I'd be sympathetic towards it being banned. I don't think it's offensive as such (it's a narrative that doesn't particularly endorse or glorify the act), but it may be inappropriate. (Just as "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang isn't an offensive song, but inappropriate at a funeral.)

I am annoyed with Jones' justification for the song though (from Guardian):

"It's not a political statement," Jones told the BBC on Thursday. "This woman us unfaithful to him and [the narrator] just loses it … It's something that happens in life."

That's a pretty damn blasé attitude to domestic violence, Tom. :p

Former Plaid Cymru president calls for 'Delilah' to be banned for denegrating Welsh Steel working quality.

Its a serious issue mun.

At the end of the day, this song has been around for a hell of a long time and it's not been mentioned until now.

Surely we could just sing the Korean version instead? It's a song about bad hair management.
"I saw the lice on the night..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts