• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Did Blackie every write a book on training for rugby?

D

DR749

Did the Newcastle trainer, Blackie, ever write a book on training programs for rugby?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr.749 @ Jan 23 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did the Newcastle trainer, Blackie, ever write a book on training programs for rugby?[/b]

Blackie: The Steve Black Story (Mainstream Sport) (Paperback)

Here is a quote from Jonny Wilkinson: Why Blackie is the driving force behind me
Steve Black is a key part of my life every day and much of my self-belief comes from what he does for me.
I can’t understand why more players who have him at their disposal don’t accept the fact that there is so much the guy can do for them. If you want to be 10lb heavier and 30% fitter, 20% faster and achieve seemingly impossible goals, Blackie can do it for you. All you have to do is work on what he advises and all he asks from you is your personal pride and integrity to be in place every time you’re there. Give exactly what you’ve got in every training session, in every game mentally and physically. Don’t play-act being more tired than you are, or be mentally weak enough to give in before you have to, and then training and playing rugby is so simple. All you have to do is go out there and give everything you’ve got. He will take care of everything else.

Nobody is able to follow him, because nobody has what he has. It’s not written on a piece of paper, it’s in his feelings, his knowledge of you as a person, a special something that is able to get the best out of you.

Latest posts