What level is everyone playing on

i started on pro

got smashed

tried again, and got smashed

tried again, and just lost

tried club, and was 14 nil after 1 minute

back to pro, kept getting smashed

this is all during tri nations

started a WL, and when the difficulty was prompted i was stuck....go on pro, and win matches in yr 1, and never lose afterwards, or start on elite, and make it challenging all the way to top division.

i chose pro..........after 5 games i was 4 wins and 1 loss....with default team, this was too good....i was graduating the new learning curve, with 2006 mechanics

so went back and chose tri nations on pro...........won it, and got the bledisloe aswell

so now it was time for Elite WL.

jeezus how good is this diffulty........i was getting pumped and won the odd match....transfer market opens and i buy 2 players...cox and juluis, speed demons.

starting to win more often, and always scoring tries for extra money.
came 4th after 1 season, (best win was 24-0) really satisfying coz most wins were hard fought, and the top teams did beat me.
i bought charvis in off-season
but still lost the 1st match of the 2nd season.........so its not all domination yet....but i do see some devasting wins coming up with a few more recruits

OH YEAH I AM THE FRICKIN REDS...stupid EA make u pick from division 3 teams to begin with....sure its good touch, but atleast make it a random pool, so i can be my waratahs.........oh and playing at ballymore sux balls.........and i played the cheifs in poring rain, and we got nice and dirty and its was a knock-on fest.

AK, do you have your kncok-on, fatigue and injury sliders to the max? [/b]
nah default mate

left all alone

The AI on Elite is starting to get easier.........i only lost 1 match last night and won the knock-out cup from division 2

but i got an offer to join the crusaders..........now this was very hard to decline....they had $$$, they had players, and they were in Elite...i was offered to skip division 1.............but loyalty stepped up, and with promotion to division 1, the commentator mentioned i can now attract better players, so the reds i stuck with.

oh nice ak. elite would seem to be the way to go for wl. the ai from what ak has said is a lot better on that level of difficulty.

yeah well if i got the same offer, i wouldnt be able to decline it

hell its the crusaders :)

but i guess if it was the tahs u would have done the same thing right?

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 16 2006, 01:10 PM
yeah well if i got the same offer, i wouldnt be able to decline it

hell its the crusaders :)

but i guess if it was the tahs u would have done the same thing right?
mate as soon as the tahs or brumbies make an offer i will accept

i just wanna get out of ballymore......playing the force at subiaco was soo damn good...stadium is massive compared to bakyard ballymore

what would also be good is when i jump ship - to play my old team the reds...the team i built from scratch.........its like Wendell Sailor........would love to play the team i built, at ballymore in front of the fans that once supported me, and to play a team, that SHOULD put up a massive bout due to the player recruitment skill of myself :D :bravo:

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 16 2006, 01:29 PM
whats ya team like now?
off the top of my head

FB Jantjlis
WG Tipoki
CT Berbibi (italian dude)
CT Cox
WG D Mitchell
FH T Levea
SH M Dawson
#8 J Roe
FL Charvis
FL Croft
SR Cockbain
SR McMenemin
PR Afloa
H Thompson
PR Corrigan

some of these names i really cant remember, but u can recognise them if u know ur rugby.......i only know players from the SH

I finally saw CAUCAU in the transfer market - but his name was faded out, so i dunno what that means but i know i cant get him yet..

yeah i Know most of them execpt for the italian dude. nice looking team although lavea is surely crap.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 16 2006, 02:23 PM
yeah i Know most of them execpt for the italian dude. nice looking team although lavea is surely crap.
Lavea does alright actually

But thats coz i have only had HEFFLER before him........makes Lavea look like Laurie Daley :p

oh ****

i forgot

late last night

DANIELLI SIGNS WITH REDS

DANIELLI IS MY NEW WINGER, AND IS AWESOME.............but my EYES are fixed on CAUCAU ready to put pen to paper

i reckon you should get the tahs, then get caucau, or else you will be playing him quite a bit :)

but yeah wicked stuff :) what year are you in now?

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 16 2006, 02:48 PM
i reckon you should get the tahs, then get caucau, or else you will be playing him quite a bit :)

but yeah wicked stuff :) what year are you in now?
4th yr 1 match in

yep its time to weigh up whether i should keep recruiting, coz if i do, the reds will be hard to beat when i am the tahs

also not sure if i can buy players back

ie i get CAUCAU to reds
then go to tahs and try and buy CAUCAU off reds

ie players follow the coach..........not sure what implications the transfer market has on this issue........time will tell

i have declined about 6 offers all up.............cant wait for my 1st acceptance...perhaps the 10 years gets reset.......who know's

anyone accepted contracts from other clubs yet??

Danielli was the man in 05.

Him and some italian dude who could kick were my wingers.

I played against the Tahs on my Elite World league campaign last nighjt in a knock out match. They are currently leading Division 1. I've only bought one new player thus far. T.HAyes (needed a better kicker - slow reactions) I beat them, it was too easy....

I hope I am just getting easy games and it will get harder but it seems to me the game is too easy...

Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 16 2006, 08:49 PM
I played against the Tahs on my Elite World league campaign last nighjt in a knock out match. They are currently leading Division 1. I've only bought one new player thus far. T.HAyes (needed a better kicker - slow reactions) I beat them, it was too easy....

I hope I am just getting easy games and it will get harder but it seems to me the game is too easy...
sounds like your just too good at it :cheers:

Originally posted by BOKean+Feb 16 2006, 09:05 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Quintes
@Feb 16 2006, 08:49 PM

sounds like your just too good at it :cheers: [/b]
It impossible, it shouldn't be. I'm really dissapointed with the fact that it is at the moment proving easier than I hoped it would. Like I say I am hoping that I'm just being lucky and getting a couple of easy games and that it will get harder. I beat the Tahs 28 - 21. A division match before that I conceded 2 tries in the first 10 minutes, I came back to beat Worcester 38 - 12.

Don't get me wrong, it is highly enjoyable and addictive

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 16 2006, 10:21 AM
28-21 is a close game.
I guess it's close but I was expecting to get hammered with having an almost default 3rd division team against the top team of the first...maybe I'm just lucky...I know this sounds weird but I am looking for the AI to smash me to bits...my very first game on Elite was a massive hiding, Im hoping for more of them type of games...

What camera view are you playing on? Ive found that on any of the classic views defence is very easy as you can line them up much better. Im playing on side view and its easy to miss tackles, im still losing games on pro difficulty.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 17 2006, 07:56 AM
What camera view are you playing on? Ive found that on any of the classic views defence is very easy as you can line them up much better. Im playing on side view and its easy to miss tackles, im still losing games on pro difficulty.

with you on that one ceejay... if you're not concentrating on defecne on the sideview cam, you can easily get punished

sometimes when an opposition attack gets as far as my line, I'll switch over to one of the classic views to give me a better chance of keeping them out, then its straight back to sideview

... still getting beat on pro level occassionally aswell... I've yet to step it up to Elite, so there should be plenty more life in the game for me!

Latest posts