• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Disappointment after four years at this forum :SSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono

Academy Player
Oh man.. I feel so betrayed, and hence felt like writing for 'once' since I joined TRF in 2007 (with a different account).

I have been keeping a close eye on this forum for nearly four years especially since the beginning of 2008 to see if there is any news on the upcoming Rugby game (obviously not from Sidhe at the time). I had always told myself that I will buy a xbox as soon as they release a new rugby game.

Having played the demo, it was the essentially the same Rugby game I have been playing since 2005, and that is at least half a decade already!! It feels so identical that it feels like a modification rather than a new game I have been waiting so eagerly for years :(

Regardless of RC, this is just disappointing on its own. Sure, Rugby 05 to 08 was a fun game to play. Hence I can understand the people who had fun playing the game - since it is essentially the same game as the previous rugby ***les we all had the fun with. But this is obviously not the standard most people would have expected in the sequel considering all the hype and the years they have eagerly awaited for this game. It is not even surprising to see only about 9% chose RWC game over RC, in the forum that is dedicated to HB. I am sure that my disappointment is far from being a peculiar opinion in TRF that gave HB so much ideas, support and the hype for the upcoming game on HB.

I still appreciate their efforts in their previous ***les as I thoroughly enjoyed playing Rugby 2001 as a kid, Rugby 05 to 08 (04 being the only exception-although it was an immense step up from 2001 *compare to 08 to RWC11). But, after all the years I still can not believe that what I have played was essentially the same game I played since 2005. There is no way I am buying this, I rather play Rugby 08 without constantly having to feel disappointed about the new game I waited so long and went crazy for.

I am at least glad that there is more than just a great substitute to RWC. But, being a loyal fan of previous rugby series from HB, I just want them to have a hard look at RWC and see if this is what their fans have been waiting so eagerly for literally years.

Really, a new thread for the same old moan?? have a read around before posting! In what way is anything you said either interesting/new/constructive?? Many of us are disappointed the game has taken steps forward and not leaps, but at least it exists. Presumably since you are definitely not buying it you will have no need to come onto this area of TRF now, bye!!

I'm dissapointed after 4 years on this forum because the quality of posters has gone downhill so badly.

It used to be a rugby forum, now its a whingy gaming forum for kids with limted knowledge of the game itself.

I only stick around because the people here make me look and feel more intelligent than I actually am.

I'm dissapointed after 4 years on this forum because the quality of posters has gone downhill so badly.

It used to be a rugby forum, now its a whingy gaming forum for kids with limted knowledge of the game itself.

I only stick around because the people here make me look and feel more intelligent than I actually am.

Yeah i agree too i joined because it looked like the only place that i could talk about rugby and people actually knew what i was talking about. However i am a teenager and imo im looking forward for the games to be released.

Yeah you guys are right bout moaning. I am leaving this forum for now as I have nothing new that I want to see here. But dammn I just was too disappointed to leave without nothing after years so felt the burning need to get it out of my system and move on..

I understand there is no need to start arguing about this, but @Logorrhea, hahahahahahahaha your comment is just laughable you do not sound intelligent at all in any way with your clear personal attacks! Well at least I found it genuinely funny - may be you are the reason why the quality of the posters have gone down so badly in recent years if your 500 hundreds post were like this! Don't worry I don't know you and won't judge you :D

Anyways, before I go all good faith I just hope HB comes back with a great rugby ***le just like they did from 04 to 05. And peace to you all, you guys are probably the reason why HB would want to make another rugby game in the future - but bear in mind that mindlessly supporting may do more harm than good if you want to see an improved version of the game, I still support HB as I grew up playing their games but I just want the latter that is all.

I am leaving this forum for now as I have nothing new that I want to see here.

the fact you're leaving because of a game reinforces Logorrhea's point that people like you have no interest in the actual sport, you're just some gaming nerd

Last edited by a moderator:
Gents I'll close the thread here.

All I can suggest as a counter, just post regularly and as often as you can in the 'Rugby' threads all over the forum and try to ignore the RWC'11 section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts