• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Discussion Thread - Super 14 Tipping Comp 2008

M

melon

As per the request of some members that are apart of the Super 14 2008 Tipping Competition, this thread has been made.

The idea of this is to coincide with the Super 14 2008 Tipping Competition Thread. That thread is for the predictions, this thread is for the discussion.

So for those of you wanting to discuss the wild and intriguing predictions and whatnot, here you are. Hopefully it will be taken advantage of.

If this doesn't take off in the next fortnight, i'll un-pin it.

These round 1 predictions are naturally the hardest ones as no team has any current form or momentum per se.
But from what I've seen in the predictions thread thus far is that the majority of the posters are expecting a high scoring opening weekend, with bonus points for atleast 60% of the winners being tipped. Have you guys been taking the ELV's into consideration?

Seeing as though the ELVs are there, which promote a more open and fast game with the ball in play more, I expect more points to be scored. Once the ball gets out to the backs, they will eventually pick apart the tired forwards standing out in the backline.

Yeah coaches have realised this factor as well. The Stormers are gonna have another tight 5 on the bench this weekend

Brumbies team to face the Highlanders -

1 Nic Henderson
2 Huia Edmonds
3 Guy Shepherdson
4 Alister Campbell
5 Mark Chisholm
6 Mitchell Chapman
7 George Smith ©
8 Stephen Hoiles
9 Joshua Holmes
10 Christian Lealiifano
11 Francis Fainifo
12 Anthony Faingaa
13 Tyrone Smith
14 Mark Gerrard
15 Julian Huxley

16 Saia Faingaa
17 Salesi Ma’afu
18 Peter Kimlin
19 Julian Salvi
20 Patrick Phibbs
21 Peter Playford
22 Afusipa Taumoepeau

A much stronger forward pack - the Brumbies lineout should be fairly strong with Chisholm, Campbell, Hoiles and Chapman... as long as Edmonds' throwing is better this week...

It's the least experienced backline in Brumbies history, so the Australian U21's combination of Holmes/Lealiifano and Faingaa will really need to step up... and no more stupid kicking from Huxley...

I'm still tipping the Brumbies to beat the Highlanders at home...

What team do you go for Melon? [/b]
Mate, I really don't have a favourite. Each team has a special place in my rugby heart. The only team I ever go and watch live though is the Brumbies.

Latest posts