Disillusioned with Rugby

Maverick1987

First XV
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
I'm feeling a little disillusioned with rugby these days for a few reasons

1. The rules on high tackles have slowed the game and made defending crazily hard . There should be no high tackle when opposition players are ducking into tackles imo
2. The referees are insanely inconsistent. I'd argue this has been a problem for a long time but imo it's got a lot worse just recently
3. The HOLD UP tackle is just a loop hole that should have been closed 5 years ago for the good of the game imo

What does everyone else think ?

I'm feeling a little disillusioned with rugby these days for a few reasons

1. The rules on high tackles have slowed the game and made defending crazily hard . There should be no high tackle when opposition players are ducking into tackles imo
2. The referees are insanely inconsistent. I'd argue this has been a problem for a long time but imo it's got a lot worse just recently
3. The HOLD UP tackle is just a loop hole that should have been closed 5 years ago for the good of the game imo

What does everyone else think ?

Disillusioned - I agree 100%. Where do I start. Try these for a start.
The ridiculous Red/yellow Card law for tipping up a player jumping in the air to take a kick - or worse, to take a pass.
The ridiculous TMO right to rule out a try because of dirty play that occurred two minutes previous.
All TMO intervention except where asked by the Ref to rule on a grounding.
Slow motion analysis on the of an incident being replayed on "the Big Screen" by the Ref, the TMO, the Team Captains, the crowd and the water boys.

Lose the analysis and the cards; replace it with "on report" and make the penalties harsh. That will stop red/yellow cards stuffing up games.

The crooked feed, the backward / forward pass, the absence of mauling, the absence of rucking. The substitutions, RL style defensive lines, endless uncontested pointless recycling, the nanny stateism, the ludicrous calendar.....

Agree
I'm skeptical about that... There might be something to it but it's the sort of thing any passionate fan would believe even if the refs do as well as any other sport. So it would take statistics about something objective to convince me. E.g. does home advantage make a bigger difference now than 10 years ago?
I mostly disagree. It's a legit move, and teams just need to figure out a better way to respond to it. Open to some changes around the edges though maybe.

Latest posts