• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Distribution of Rugby Challange

Okay, this is probably because previous lease-holders of your IP numbers have abused certain services and been black-listed with the listing service we use. If you ask your ISP to kill your current IP lease and allocate a new IP to your internet connection you should find this solves the problem.

I'd do this, but I'm on cable and the whole range is pretty much marked as spamming. Is there really any point to block like this when a spammer could just use a different IP as well? In fact, they'd be able to do this easier than a legit user...

HES is working on distribution. We'll let you know finalised territories when we can.

Are they/Tru Blu going to finally enter the 21st century and get some digital distribution going? As to which platform is best, this article should remove all doubt:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/SebastianLindig/20110606/7735/Market_Share_for_PC_Digital_Distribution_Platforms_2011_based_on_unique_users.php

I
think I've mentioned it before, but I very rarely buy a boxed game anymore... I've bought 15 games via Steam... and 2 boxed games this year. The 2 boxed games were Steam games... I only bought them because they were cheaper than digital. Also, of the 15 friends I regularly play with online, none of them have purchased a physical media pc game this year, only Steam or other digital distribution methods.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...et-Predicts-Full-Digital-Distribution-by-2011

Last edited:
i emalied GAME asking weather they would be stocking rugby challenge and they replied saying we are in negotations with the games publisher and will let you know as soon as we can. later that week when on facebook GAME asked users what was the game they were most looking foward to i answered rugby challenge and GAME liked my comment. hint of the game being realesed on game.co.uk and in game stores nation wide.

Might not be more expensive I've gotten games cheaper off the internet then in shops including shipping.

Sorry for my banal question:
Have you considered the possibility of selling the game thru your official website?
For example allow customers to buy the game online, then providing them a code to download it and register to activate it...
That would be nice, especially if customers were allowed to chose the version they prefer (NZ one, AUS etc...).

But anyway, this is not so important... but will be possbile to buy (online shopping, wherever in the world) any version you want to?
Well, if England and European team would be licensed and there will be an European version of the game, but I'll still wish the SH version, will I be able to purchase that version, even from a NH store?

Many thanks, you're doing a great great job! ;)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/business/5194942/Games-developer-moves-to-downloadable-***les

Ok, just read this article saying that you guys might not make console games after this... I sincerely hope that if Rugby Challenge does well, that you consider at least making a sequel on PC and distribute it on Steam.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/business/5194942/Games-developer-moves-to-downloadable-***les

Ok, just read this article saying that you guys might not make console games after this... I sincerely hope that if Rugby Challenge does well, that you consider at least making a sequel on PC and distribute it on Steam.

Just means that games will be downloaded off Xbox Live Marketplace and the Playsation Store I presume.

Hmm thats an interesting little article. It definatly points to the direction of no Rugby Challenge after this one which hopefully that wouldnt be the case. I know that they are trying to be come their own publishing company to get ***les out, which would of course cut costs down and bringing thier products to the online market (PSN/Xbox live) would be great. Hopefully Rugby could still be part of this, but the only way i see it is if we download a generic game and buy the compeitions as DLC. I am not sure how that would work for a Rugby game.

then again i just downloaded a 3gb game off the PSN network (free rachet and clank) so I am sure its possible they could just put a whole version of a rugby game up there.

thats an interesting one..... will be interesting to see how this will develop :D :D

Agreed - I don't think this'll mean the end of a follow up to Rugby Challenge - Just that (as has been said) it'll be downloaded over XBL/PSN/Steam (or whatever)

Can't speak for PSN, but there's a ton of games on XBL these days, Xbox and 360 games, so it'll be nothing new to buy a game over XBL (though I imagine they'd take up a ton of hard drive space - good job Xbox allows for any old USB hard drive to be used these days)

Shatter is available on Steam... http://store.steampowered.com/app/20820/

So I think this is a good sign that Rugby Challenge for PC will be released on Steam as well. In my opinion this would be a very good move as there are ZERO rugby games on Steam right now. As long as the game play is great, I'll be promoting the **** out of the game to my friends and then some.

Have patience!
There's upto 2months until release date, I'm sure you'll hear something before then

I'm dying, still no news?

Olyy is right mate!

We lived 3 years without a rugby game, we can still wait for a couple of months.
Well... I lived 5 years, because I still play Rugby06, edited, but IMO it worths more than R08! :D

Olyy is right mate!

We lived 3 years without a rugby game, we can still wait for a couple of months.
Well... I lived 5 years, because I still play Rugby06, edited, but IMO it worths more than R08! :D

haha right!

madflyhalf, you have ps3 or 360? If you have ps3 give me your psn ID hehe Italy vs Italy :D

Latest posts