• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

District 9 - Aliens in Johannesburg!

J

Jer1cho

Now this looks awesome.... and Peter Jackson is involved. What a sigh of relief seeing aliens not land in America for a change. What do you guys think?

http://d-9.com/

The trailer is cool, but you gotta check the website! It's really cool!

Yeah it's based on a short Neill Blomkamp did waaay back called Alive in Johburg, which is what got him noticed and picked for directing the Halo movie in the first place (before it got halted)

looks interesting, kind of like a documentary instead of a film.

I heard there is a scene where just as the aliens land, the government rush over tell them they must put the protea logo on their ship, as they don't think their one gives enough equality to South Africa.

this looks ridiculous

lol - are the aliens african and zimbabwean refuges in johannesburg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goranski @ May 11 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
this looks ridiculous

lol - are the aliens african and zimbabwean refuges in johannesburg[/b]

Less ridiculous than than many American Alien movies though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goranski @ May 10 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
this looks ridiculous

lol - are the aliens african and zimbabwean refuges in johannesburg[/b]

You are just sour because for a change Aliens looked at America, with the sole response... of meh!

meh - this has nothing to do with america - it just looks like it sucks

the alien looks ridiculous - like some dork in an alien costume

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goranski @ May 12 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
meh - this has nothing to do with america - it just looks like it sucks

the alien looks ridiculous - like some dork in an alien costume[/b]

'some dork in an alien costume'? you mean just like pretty much every other alien film out there?

I thought the aliens looked like the Mass Effect ones. Can't remember what his name was, but yeah. Besides, what must aliens look like then? little green midgets? The day the earth stood still also pretty much sealed the fact that human form aliens also suck.

Looks good. I am looking forward to watching 2 hours of South African accents. Its such a cool accent.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Looks good. I am looking forward to watching 2 hours of South African accents. Its such a cool accent.[/b]

or you mean.. (say as you see)

Luks gerd. I em luking ferwerd te wetching 2 hours erf Souf Efrican eccents. Ets such e cool eccent.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ May 22 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goranski @ May 21 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
first impression: low budget b alien movie[/b]

Peter Jackson producing a low budget film? Lol. You are seriously deluded.
[/b][/quote]

well i tell you what I'll go watch it when it's out here and give you my verdict

it appears to be a vain attempt at a cloverfield-esque dramamentary style of film - in the previews in the U.S. it's being pushed as just "District 9" without the ridiculous "Aliens in Johannesburg" subtitle, confuse the masses and they will come.

Whoa. Man i can't wait for this. Hows that final shot? The sound design is incredible.

I like the cinematography, and especially the far-out shots of the ship.

The actual fighting on the ground thing seems a little silly though. Alien v human fistfights are not what appeals to me.

But hey, Jackson is directing, so it has some hope at least.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jul 23 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I like the cinematography, and especially the far-out shots of the ship.

The actual fighting on the ground thing seems a little silly though. Alien v human fistfights are not what appeals to me.

But hey, Jackson is directing, so it has some hope at least.[/b]

Jackson is producing. Not directing. Directed by Neill Blomkamp.

Looks more like a social commentary on South Africa's woes then an Alien invasion movie.

Kinda like a modern low budget animal farm.

Latest posts