• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do enormous children annoy you?

H

Haysie

http://www.scgs.qld.edu.au/images/news_ima...7_u12_rugby.jpg

That's U/12 rugby. It's also RIDICULOUS. As a small child with the ball, you're more likely to be munched up and spat out again than to beat him, unless you've developed fantastic footwork.

I don't know what happened next, but if the little bloke managed to beat the bigger one then he deserves 1 Million +Rep points. :cheers:

Wow, that is one big kid, his calves are the size of that kids thighs.

*cough Danny Almonte cough*

there's a league club a few blocks away from my house. all of their junior teams are predominately from islander background, most of them are bigger than me. most of the opposition junior teams are normal sized anglo saxon kids... the huge islander kids manage post cricket scores against their opposition

In cases like that you need weight restrictions rather than age :p [/b]

nah they should measure it in KFC

if you can eat a whole KFC family bucket then you definitely shouldn't qualify for juniors

Its a load of ********.

If you had a team of naturally gifted at rugby kids and they posted cricket scores against teams there would no move to kick them out ever.

Its only because they dont fit the stereotype of an athlete and the whole concerned parent crap means that this is an issue.

They should play soccer if they cant handle it. Or something equally as gay as soccer.

he was freakin big LoL !!! when i was in U12 there was a kid in my team who was 15 cm higher than all of us...he just took the ball and ran thorught the field going to score :)

I was always taller than most of my teacher when I was 10-11.
Now I'm still of the tall guys.

I agree that it must look funny but you can't excluded people from playing rugby with kids from their own age cause their tall, big, small or green.

For the same amount of rugby he is n't even that good in it, on the other hand he can be a a deadly assault weapon :cheers:

Ive played my whole life in South Aucks, so i was used to these big guys... which is a good thing. It hardened me up lols

Also it can teach little kids to go for the legs! after they hardened up :p because ive tried many... many times going for the big hit on the big guys and come off 2nd best on the ground... 5m back (thought it'll look good a small guy hitting a big guy lol)

personnally i think its a disadvantage for the big kids too. if they can just burst through all these guys half their size theyre not going to learn the skills theyll need when they come up against someone the same size as them

This whole size issue is nonsense. If its a problem, the big locks like Ali Williams and Matfield should be banned by parents of the opposition!

One of my favourite moments as a little kid was when I was playing for Shoalhaven U12's against Kiama, the tournament favourites. One of those big kids who was being groomed into representing Illawarra ran at a 44 kg me, I absolutely nailed him. I was mentioned in the Nowra newspaper, if it wasn't for uncos like that, little squirts like me would never have had the chance to be a hero for a day :D.

One of my favourite moments as a little kid was when I was playing for Shoalhaven U12's against Kiama, the tournament favourites. One of those big kids who was being groomed into representing Illawarra ran at a 44 kg me, I absolutely nailed him. I was mentioned in the Nowra newspaper, if it wasn't for uncos like that, little squirts like me would never have had the chance to be a hero for a day :D.[/b]
In the paper for a tackle? Dammnn, I NEARLY had a hero moment in a similar situation but made the important tackle against the guy 3 times bigger then me in the tight and just about immediately their forwards were there rucking the shite outta me, went from tackle hero to bleeding profusely from the back in seconds. :cheers:

Ahahah well my rugby career since then has been a great deal of mediocrity and injury, also Kiama thrashed us so I think they were trying to put a positive spin on things.

Well..For me...In my opinion...it's just the matter of cleverness i thought...the size comes in second...hehehehe... :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkManX @ Aug 3 2008, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They should play soccer if they cant handle it. Or something equally as gay as soccer.[/b]
Considering Rugby came from soccer I wouldn't be calling it gay. Thinking before talking is best.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Aug 5 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ahahah well my rugby career since then has been a great deal of mediocrity and injury, also Kiama thrashed us so I think they were trying to put a positive spin on things.[/b]

**** you played for Shoalies? Why have I not heard of this earlier? :p

Yeah I used to play for them back in the day, would trek from Warrigee st. to South Nowra near the maccas to play, only rugby club i've been to where one of the coaches was missing an arm.

I miss country rugby but then again the clubs in Sydney are a great deal of fun. Difference is there is a bigger turnaround I guess as a lot of backpackers (kiwis and poms) come around whereas in a club like Shoalies you're playing with guys you've known since kindergarten. If I ever go back to the country for a decent period I might play some 7's, I hear they have a small tournament in Kiama some time?

yeah when you are big at that age then you will own everyone but then later on youll be same as everyone else.

Latest posts