• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do you buy official?

F

FerraraZ

When supporting your teams do you buy the official jerseys, 80 US dollars roughly, or do you buy knock off ones from places such as ebay. Also what is your favorite rugby store/retailer.

Just because a top is off Ebay on the cheep doesn't mean it's a knock off. I own an England Test shirt I got of ebay for £30 when they're usually £80.

Saying that however, I tend to normally buy them from the club shop (as in Northampton) as I've got a 25% discount and it's convenient.

I bought my Dad an England top from the RFU store for Christmas.

My England top was a freebie from a neighbour who got ahold of one and my Lions top was from..ahem..Ebay.

Will probably wait until July for my Saracens top and will get it from Lovell Rugby in order to get TRF more dough!

I always go for the official stuff, whether it's from the club shop or just a generic sports/rugby shop in town.

all my stuff is official,

I have Crusaders and Canterbury NPC tops from Champions of the world, i got my Lions top from Rebel Sport for 75% off with a combination of being on special and knowing someone in the store to get a staff discount :) (plus the lions just got hammered only got it cause it looks cool)

i got my parramatta eels jersey from cash converters, that was a great buy 40 bucks for a 120 buck jersey of my fav league team, i couldnt pass that up :)

usually always get the official one - either from worldrugbyshop.com here in the U.S. - got my all blacks jersey plus springbok jerseys from there - plus get my european club shirts from lovell - for league jerseys i use forty-twenty

i have bought the odd jersey from Ebay, they've got some good older jerseys that used to be official or home shirts for many teams

BUY OFFICIAL.
There are an endless number of ways to get an official shirt.
http://www.worldrugbyshop.com - if you're in the US
http://www.worldrugbyshop.co.uk - if you're in the UK
The actual team websites like this:
http://boutique.stade.fr/boutique/liste_rayons.cfm - Stade Francais Boutique
Or you can follow the links off of the main page on this forum and actually earn money for TRF. I've ordered from both Lovell and Rugbyshop.co.uk

I've never bought rugby stuff off of eBay, but I've purchased other things...like a sweet tuxedo t-shirt.

Nothing wrong with ebay at all. I got a Saints away jersey from there for £20 instead of around £50.

Even if I leeched off my Dad's Travis Perkins discount it wouldn't have been that cheap.

I don't think rugby is the same as football though, there isn't really the same market for counterfeit shirts.

I only got the Lions top from Ebay because that was the only place that had it in XL at the time (i.e. in Feb!)

Anyone ever sold any rugby stuff on eBay?
I have last years Stade Francais Pink Shirt in XXL. They shipped two and I only paid for one. I'd like to get a downpayment on the new Fluer Shirt everyone on the forum admires so much.
Mike_James_in_pink.jpg

I once sold O'Rothlan on eBay but had to give the guy his money back after he returned O'Ro after the idiot had drunk the buyer out of house & home!

O'Rothlain is a perfectly good product, I can assure you. Any issues with binge drinking or refrigerator emptying should be covered in the user manual under "The Proper Function of Your New O'Rothlain."
As our advertising slogan says:
"O'Rothlain - A good way to keep your girlfriend or wife busy!"

Anyone ever sold any rugby stuff on eBay?
I have last years Stade Francais Pink Shirt in XXL. They shipped two and I only paid for one. I'd like to get a downpayment on the new Fluer Shirt everyone on the forum admires so much.
Mike_James_in_pink.jpg
[/b]

Never sold Rugby Stuff on Ebay but have sold plenty of other things on there, you would probably get a fair price for it.. or you could put it in the Sales Board in Off Topic...

:%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Friends and family only get 10%...sorry.
[/b]
Next time I'm at your shop I really should introduce myself. I keep meaning to ask the employees there which of them is Rugby_Cymru, but I always forget :(

<div class='quotemain'>
Friends and family only get 10%...sorry.
[/b]
Next time I'm at your shop I really should introduce myself. I keep meaning to ask the employees there which of them is Rugby_Cymru, but I always forget :( [/b][/quote]
I'd say if you went in there and said "Which of you is Rugby_Cymru" or something along those lines, they'd look at you for a few seconds and then slowly inch away:p Unless it's Matt himself of course.

Latest posts