• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do you feel the Warriors get a lot of calls go against them?

Do you feel the Warriors get a lot of calls go against them?

• Total voters

Sam Owen

First XV
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Blues
Do you feel the Warriors get a lot of calls go against them? if you can please state some examples.

The game against Manly just gone the reffs claimed a forward pass just when the Warriors looked like they were about to break out and snatch the game. Another thing is the pass they claimed to be forward, they went back to when they felt the Warriors are about to runaway.

Please state your opinions and other times you've felt the Warriors have had harsh calls go against them. Criticism also welcome:lol: but keep it reasonable.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't think they get more/many more bad calls than any other team, but their fans seem to look into it more because they're the only NZ team, so they think there's a conspiracy against them or something

I don't think they get more/many more bad calls than any other team, but their fans seem to look into it more because they're the only NZ team, so they think there's a conspiracy against them or something
I was expecting this kind of a response. I use to tell myself the same thing that as a fan I look to much into it but now Im not so sure.

did you guys just see the game that finished? NZ kicked the Broncos ass but at the end there were some very wrong calls made against the warriors when we were 36-0 up. sure we had the game in the bag but there was one definite try that was waved off by the ref and the ref didn't even go to the video ref which is unusual since the replay showed it was a clear try. then there was some questionable calls after that, including what i thought was a late tackle on Lance Hohia, if that late tackle never happened that probably would have been another try. It seemed like the ref was trying to do the broncos a favor coz they were losing so badly. i mean yeah we won the game but the points table is so tight that the top 8 could come down to points differential, so who knows it might actually have an impact on that.

Last edited:
did you guys just see the game that finished? NZ kicked the Broncos ass but at the end there were some very wrong calls made against the warriors when we were 36-0 up. sure we had the game in the bag but there was one definite try that was waved off by the ref and the ref didn't even go to the video ref which is unusual since the replay showed it was a clear try. then there was some questionable calls after that, including what i thought was a late tackle on Lance Hohia, if that late tackle never happened that probably would have been another try. It seemed like the ref was trying to do the broncos a favor coz they were losing so badly. i mean yeah we won the game but the points table is so tight that the top 8 could come down to points differential, so who knows it might actually have an impact on that.

Yep, just finished watching the replay

The first one, Kevin Locke didn't even touch the ball but the ref ruled it forward off him. Should have gone upstairs.

Second one, Hohaia was def. taken out late after he kicked through, but I don't think that would have been a try because there was Broncos cover coming across. Should have been a penalty though.

Points difference could end up being the difference between the Warriors getting a home semi and having to travel. I hop it doesn't come down to that.

Yep, just finished watching the replay

The first one, Kevin Locke didn't even touch the ball but the ref ruled it forward off him. Should have gone upstairs.

Second one, Hohaia was def. taken out late after he kicked through, but I don't think that would have been a try because there was Broncos cover coming across. Should have been a penalty though.

Points difference could end up being the difference between the Warriors getting a home semi and having to travel. I hop it doesn't come down to that.

I'm not even a Warriors fan, I support Cronulla. I do believe though that there is a huge number of ridiculous calls that go against them. Honestly the Warriors should employ someone to put them all together in one huge clip and put it on all the major networks. I think the NRL would be extremely embarrassed.

well i havnt watched the nrl closely the last couple of years, but when i did i didnt notice much teams getting consistent bad calls against them

I'm not even a Warriors fan, I support Cronulla. I do believe though that there is a huge number of ridiculous calls that go against them. Honestly the Warriors should employ someone to put them all together in one huge clip and put it on all the major networks. I think the NRL would be extremely embarrassed.

Thats a magnificent idea, they'd be surprised how hard the Warriors have had to do it on many occasions.

Yeah Muzzy I see these funny calls against the Warriors following them where ever they play. Like I said before I use to put it off and think Im just a big fan who looks into it too much but when it becomes overwhelmingly constant you start to wonder. Yeah I saw 'tonights' ones Im just happy they won and Im getting use to the Warriors having calls go against them now.

No, that's ridiculous. I am a Bulldogs fan and our fans complain about this sort of thing as well, but I don't particularly agree with the idea. The refereeing in the NRL has been pretty poor for the last few years, but I don't feel you can fairly single out one club as taking the brunt of bad calls. Obviously if you are a Warriors fan you tend to notice more calls against your team than against other teams and that is the case here in my opinion.

Robert Finch being fired is a step in the right direction as I feel that the refereeing does need an overhaul for the competition to progress and the NRL have shown poor standards won't suffice. However, I do think Finch has copped it a bit unfairly as he will never receive credit in his role for when everything runs smoothly because it is expected from him and his staff but when it goes wrong he cops it a lot.

Latest posts