• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Documentaries

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Just wondering if many of you watch documentaries at all? When I have the time, I love nothing more than spending a whole afternoon in front of the National Geographic Channel. My find this week has been Convoy: Battle for the Atlantic. Superb watch.

Big fan of natural history docs, so anything with Attenborough in really
My mom's a massive history buff as well, so i grew up watching doc after doc about the civil war and the tudor/stuart period,
Also, i have an interest in WW2 as well, but haven't watched as much on that (have seen a couple of good ones on the Enigma and U-Boats though)

Big time history buff. I'd like to see more docs on The Great War instead of WWII.
I'm more interested, however, in the Late Classical, Middle Ages and Rennaissance.
I'd take a doc on the vikings any day over another American Revolution or Civil War Doc.
viking-paint.jpg
>
civil_war_soldiers.jpg

Just wondering if many of you watch documentaries at all? When I have the time, I love nothing more than spending a whole afternoon in front of the National Geographic Channel. My find this week has been Convoy: Battle for the Atlantic. Superb watch.

I also enjoy NGC very very much

They have evidence based documentaries and never pose any scientific discoveries to non-competent critics

Of late I've fallen in love with Discovery Channel's "Shark Week" and every other documentary concerned with sharks. Attenborough did a brilliant one whereby he had his own motorised shark swimming around and getting remarkable footage with many different species in many different activities.

Otherwise I am a fan of anything and everything that David Attenborough does.

i love historical documentrys i agree with o rothlain there are far to few on the great war ..as it was argueably the worst conditions to fight in . horrid weather , vile trenches , food shortages, idiotic tactics and poison gas..

I love the conspiracies. Zeitgeist was awesome!

The Disney nature documentaries are also superb! Has anyone seen the trailer for 'African Cats'? ZOMG

BTW Jer1cho didn't you work on a documentary or something recently?

Yup. We did a documentary called 'Oorlewing 2012' which translates to 'Surviving 2012'. It's basically an Afrikaans documentary about possible outcomes and causes for the world to end in 2012. It was great fun to do! We did all of the sound design, which meant re-creating the audio for loads of disasters, including earthquakes and 9/11. Awesome stuff!

I've grown to hate Animal Planet. At first I loved it, watched it non stop. Now however it isn't even a documentry channel.

Animal Cops South Africa
Animal Cops Miami
Animal Cops LA
Animal Cops Houston
Animal Cops New York
Groomer has-it
Animal Cops South Africa
Animal Cops Miami
Animal Cops LA
Animal Cops Houston
Animal Cops New York
Groomer has-it.

2012 Oorlewing

Hi
I just missed watching the documentary on Kyknet.
Do you posibly have a link where i could download it? In English would be great too
Regards
Dave

KykNet usually has re-runs, check in your dstv tv guide.