• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Does your stadium have terrible atmosphere?

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Cuz ours does!

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/ru...the-booze-during-games-at-the-aviva-1.4838392

I agree with most of this, although if the bars were better run it wouldn't be a problem, insane queues are the bars fault more than the fans and even real fans like a pint during the game.

The day trippers are chronic though, I don't understand the appeal of paying big bucks to not watch a game of rugby. I was at the Scotland match, there was no talk of the triple crown, no support in periods where Scotland were on top and no interest once we started to pull away. The stadium was so horribly dead and my brother and I got a few dirty looks for, presumably, being too loud because we weren't saying anything off colour. After the game I checked Instagram to see about 5 people who went, had great seats, and don't care one bit for it. I'm always happy to go to a gamer and support but the IRFU really needs to look at their ticket allocation, far too many going to the big clubs who in turn have to ship them out to their sponsors. **** Lansdowne RFC, I blame them and they're also pretentious ******* wankers.

Don't understand why the day trippers don't watch the soccer instead, cheaper and they need the support.

Yeah I imagine Murrayfield has a similar issue but its nothing new. Way back in 1999 my parents managed to get free RWC final tickets through a work contact because nobody was really interested in watching Australia V France.

Murrayfield was more 'grrr' this year a friend had an opportunity to go watch Scotland V England through work and corporate sponsors, he didn't even know it was England who was playing and has little interest in rugby. He declined going in the end due to COVID concerns.

The RFU use to give out the vast majority of tickets to grassroots clubs. And whilst it means I'll unlikely ever see a ticket I really don't like how sponsors and people just going for **** up appear to have taken over.

Cricket has a very similar problem at its high end games.

Gary Lineker was describing how bad the atmosphere was at the Nou Camp when he played. I think big crowds expect more and their money's worth - entertainment.

Latest posts