8. Andy Powell
9. (Bergamasco) Tomas O'Leary
10. Ronan O'Gara
11. Shane Williams
12. Gonzalo Canale
13. Yannick Jauzion
14. Leigh Halfpenny
15. Rob Kearney

Yeah, I agree with most of that, but definitely not Kennedy who should have kept his place and not Borthwick. Was happy with Halfpenny too considering his age.

Rob Kearney disappointed me. alot Don't know where his sense of adventure went.

Swap O'Leary (who only the blindest Munster fans ever hyped) for Blair or Phillips, Kennedy for Borthwick and Halfpenny for Heymans and I'd agree whole-heartedly.

These are (mostly) non-Lions picks?

You can have a player not lighting up a game, and yet doing what matters when it matters and winning the Slam - ROG in the Millennium.

Or a player who's told not to risk it, like Kearney. Plenty steam left in the kettle.

The one player in that list who was really found out is Powell. Busted.

Vickery was busted a couple of years ago, so he hasn't underperformed.

:(, that list makes me sad.

The only ones that surprised me were Hugo Southwell and Ben Cairns.

I won't hear a bad word said about Rob Kearney.

And putting Nick Kennedy in there is a complete travesty. I don't recall any hype being made over him.

Barcella has been good. Very good scrummager and very mobile on the pitch. Has to work on his handling a bit but a good find for France. Jauzion and Heymans have been ****. They're on their knees, bur they'll be there for the season finals...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 22 2009, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Swap O'Leary (who only the blindest Munster fans ever hyped) for Blair or Phillips, Kennedy for Borthwick and Halfpenny for Heymans and I'd agree whole-heartedly.[/b]

Yeah fair enough. Still, Borthwick's a better all round player than Kennedy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 22 2009, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think Goode and Ellis as well must be in there instead of O'Gara and O'Leary.[/b]

apart from no-one ever rated Goode; and Ellis had a good tournament.

in hindsight I'd swap Blair for O'Leary, but I was making the point that I think Stringer and Reddan are better scrum halves...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 22 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 22 2009, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Swap O'Leary (who only the blindest Munster fans ever hyped) for Blair or Phillips, Kennedy for Borthwick and Halfpenny for Heymans and I'd agree whole-heartedly.[/b]

Yeah fair enough. Still, Borthwick's a better all round player than Kennedy.
[/b][/quote]

Defies belief really...

I'd give the 15 shirt to Clement Poitrenaud, a player who consistently fails to live up to expectations. While Kearney wasn't as good as either Byrne or Armitage in the tournament, he was far from poor.

Just so as not to be accused of Irish bias for arguing the selection of Kearney, I'd consider putting Gordon D'arcy in at 12. He's a shadow of the player he was 4 years ago between losing the ball/giving away penalties in contact and not offering much in attack. D'arcy didn't bring anything to the team when he replaced Paddy Wallace. Ireland need to find a new centre partner for O'Driscoll. The sooner Cave and Earls get a chance the better.

Borthwick realized, "Here, if I don't pull my finger out I might not get to play for England anymore, I am a dinosaur", so he started playing well, I'd still pick Kennedy over him, mainly because he can do all the (basic) passing Borthwick does and he can score tries, and oh yeah, they don't have to bring in flanker to do his line-out jumping for him, not to say anything bad about Tom Croft.

James Haskell was in fantastic form, if he falls out of favour for international duty for going to play for Stade I will hunt down Martin Johnstone and strangle him in his sleep. It's selfish.

Hugo Southwell came into the 6N on amazing form, and blew it :(

Mike Blair had a good few games but he's recently taken to playing 40 minutes of good rugby and 20 minutes of mediocre rugby before he's taken off. I think he's bearing the brunt of the Scotland teams lack of effort. Basically, he's working too hard to compensate for the fact we keep dropping the ball and getting nervous when we realize we can't score tries because for 70% of a game we are WATING TO BE SCORED AGAINST AND "DOING THE BEST WE CAN" BY GETTING MOSSY TO KNOCK OVER A COUPLE OF THREE POINTERS, THIS WILL NOT DO.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, Frank Hadden was this years most notable under performer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Mar 22 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Borthwick realized, "Here, if I don't pull my finger out I might not get to play for England anymore, I am a dinosaur", so he started playing well, I'd still pick Kennedy over him, mainly because he can do all the (basic) passing Borthwick does and he can score tries, and oh yeah, they don't have to bring in flanker to do his line-out jumping for him, not to say anything bad about Tom Croft.

James Haskell was in fantastic form, if he falls out of favour for international duty for going to play for Stade I will hunt down Martin Johnstone and strangle him in his sleep. It's selfish.

Mike Blair had a good few games but he's recently taken to playing 40 minutes of good rugby and 20 minutes of mediocre rugby before he's taken off. I think he's bearing the brunt of the Scotland teams lack of effort. Basically, he's working too hard to compensate for the fact we keep dropping the ball and getting nervous when we realize we can't score tries because for 70% of a game we are WATING TO BE SCORED AGAINST AND "DOING THE BEST WE CAN" BY GETTING MOSSY TO KNOCK OVER A COUPLE OF THREE POINTERS, THIS WILL NOT DO.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, Frank Hadden was this years most notable under performer.[/b]

He can coach this lot then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 22 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Mar 22 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Basically what I'm trying to say is, Frank Hadden was this years most notable under performer.[/b]

He can coach this lot then.
[/b][/quote]

Aye, he's very adept at keeping us exactly where we are.

Latest posts