Double posts...

dasNdanger

First XV
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Wait, wait...don't tell me...

Do we have a new feature? Does the forum automatically combine double posts?! If so, that's great! :D Sometimes I don't realize that no one has commented since my last comment, and I hated going back and editing/merging my posts (esp. when my computer was being persnickety and slow).

If it is a new feature, thanks! If not...then why the hell did my two posts automatically merge...are there wee faeries around here? :huh:

das

Wait, wait...don't tell me...

Do we have a new feature? Does the forum automatically combine double posts?! If so, that's great! :D Sometimes I don't realize that no one has commented since my last comment, and I hated going back and editing/merging my posts (esp. when my computer was being persnickety and slow).

If it is a new feature, thanks! If not...then why the hell did my two posts automatically merge...are there wee faeries around here? :huh:

das
Yep, the forum has the ability to merge double (or triple, etc.) posts within a set time limit. Makes it much easier for staff so we don't have to manually merge posts and tell people off. Keeps the forum cleaner and is easier for members all around. :)

Yep, the forum has the ability to merge double (or triple, etc.) posts within a set time limit. Makes it much easier for staff so we don't have to manually merge posts and tell people off. Keeps the forum cleaner and is easier for members all around. :)

Thanks to the staff! It's a great feature! :cheers:

das

definitely an awesome feature. Much thanks, many happies.

Is that why some posts have a grey line saying something like -----updated------?

This is definitely a smart and good feature, but that mean I can't have a rant at people for double posting now :(

I'm gonna try it out

- - - Updated - - -

Did it work?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it did !

I hate this new feature. It makes new posts look like they are all part of the same thought. When commenting on a match it suddenly looks like you are talking about the same event. It also prevent spamming of a thread. Please remove this feature. If I wanted my posts to combine I would just edit the first one. If i wanted to get ****ed so badly I woudlnt have joined the forum, id have called up your mom.