• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Download free Movies & Sport from Sky TV site

G

gjohn85

I seen the adverts alot on the t.v saying you can download films from the Sky TV company. So I had a go & it's true, there are no catches.....well one or two, but I'll get on to that later.

You need to be with Sky TV with a certain vewing package (I think as long as you have Sky movies 1 & 2 and/or Sky Sports 1 & 2 you can get it).

Sky By Broadband link

I went on the Sky By Broadband & I signed up for it. They need details of for a normal account, but also they needed your last 8 digits of your Sky Viewing card (You can acess your card number under Services, they tell you exactly where it is).

Once I signed up, I had to download a program that lets you get access films to download.

It said that you need Windows media player 10 or above for it to work, I had WMP11 & it didn't work. I had to uninstall WMP11 & install WMP10 to get it to work.

Go here if you need to uninstall windows media player 11.

I downloaded 'The Pacifier' & it worked, you can only watch it on a pc & got 30 days to see it.

I have used this before, its just a shame you cant use it on more than one pc, I think that if you can set up different accounts then you should be allowed to allocate those accounts to other machines...

Its Rubbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

get your act together Sky...

Is it possible to burn these files to disk? Are they one big file or lots of seperate files? and finally what size are they and how long to d/l?

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Jul 16 2006, 09:44 PM
Is it possible to burn these files to disk? Are they one big file or lots of seperate files? and finally what size are they and how long to d/l?

BM
I have only downloaded The Pacifier, It was 700smeg & it was a single .wmv file.

I have managed to put it on a disc but only as a data disc. I haven't looked into putting onto disk to be honest

Well you can guarantee that the quality is gonna be good (not a shaky cam) & its gonna be the film you are downloading.

Yeah, but *REMOVED* have DVD rips...

Not that I am advertising them in anyway...

I never get a good connection with *REMOVED*, via sky you get the max connection all the way.

Well I can download a 50MB file in less than 20 minutes, it depends how many seeders you have or/and what software you use.

I find *REMOVED* to be a hassle, the instructions are always crap. Crap connection, turns my computer off etc....

I did watch the 2nd series of lost on it, so I can't argue!

BM

Originally posted by Saint N Sinner@Jul 16 2006, 11:26 PM
Well I can download a 50MB file in less than 20 minutes, it depends how many seeders you have or/and what software you use.
50 smeg files are easy to download, its the 500smeg+ that causes the problems

Originally posted by Saint N Sinner@Jul 17 2006, 12:26 AM
Is that all, I can download files a lot faster than that

Gjohn have you tried some of the other methods to get *REMOVED* working, like a different client, configuring your settings for the *REMOVED*, sometimes little tweaks can work better...

I have done tweaks & I d/l a large torrent the other day & the connection was excellent. I hope its not a one off.

Is this just a NH thing or can we do it too? Sky download that is not *REMOVED*, successfully abusing that :)

Dobrien I understand that you need a Sky viewer card ... so this is restricted to UK residents.

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Jul 19 2006, 11:58 AM
Doesn't sky exist around the world, in italy etc...?

BM
Nope in Italy they have scandal. Close though.

we have sky down here in New Zealand. unfortunately im too poor to afford it....

Latest posts