TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_47747106_sowdentaylor_huw226.jpg

Wales flanker Robin Sowden-Taylor has signed a two-year deal with Newport Gwent Dragons.

The eight-cap open-side, 28, left Cardiff Blues after his contract expired at the end of last season.

He was linked with the switch during April and has now targeted a place in Wales' 2011 World Cup squad.

Sowden-Taylor said: "With a World Cup coming up I really think I can push for an opportunity. I feel that if I am on top of my game I am more than capable."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/8824900.stm

Dragons now have some great strength in depth in the backrow. When everyones fit, they will have Gavin Thomas, Robin Sowden-Taylor, Dan Lydiate, Joe Bearman, Toby Faletau and Lewis Evans. Probably missing one or two aswell.

So overall, good signing, which will give them vital backup if injury occurs/Gavin Thomas needs resting etc.

I think he will push Gavin Thomas for a starting spot.

To be honest, I think Joe Bearman is done, as terrible as it is to say it.
He has played only 50 minutes of rugby this year, before getting injured again.
RST and Scott Morgan should provide good cover and experience until Faletau is ready for starting.

Let see how the new signings will work out for them.

To be honest, I think Joe Bearman is done, as terrible as it is to say it.
He has played only 50 minutes of rugby this year, before getting injured again.
RST and Scott Morgan should provide good cover and experience until Faletau is ready for starting.

Let see how the new signings will work out for them.

You may be right mate about Joe Bearman but like you said I really hope not! Hes a class act when fully fit. I'm still hoping he has an injury free season and plays really well and fights his way into contention for Wales selection. Without a doubt I think he would've played for Wales by now if not for injury. As for the signing of Sowden-Taylor I'm glad we snapped him up and I hope he rediscovers the form that made people talk about him as the natural replacement to Martin Williams

I think he will push Gavin Thomas for a starting spot.

Think your right. Dragons have a tendancy to get the best out of players, so we'll probably see much more from RST than we did at the Blues in recent years.

Paul Turner is the man who can turn your career around.

Latest posts