Dragons v Scarlets

A

An Tarbh

<div align=\'center\'>
Dragons.png
Dragons v Scarlets
Llanelli.png
</div>

Dragons back Ashley Smith (calf) has been ruled out of the Magners League visit of the Scarlets to Rodney Parade.

Phillip Dollman takes the 15 jersey, while Gareth Wyatt takes the bench spot of Gareth Maule, the only other change to the 22 that lost 6-12 to Glasgow.

Stephen Jones captains the Scarlets in place of Simon Easterby, the latter rested on the bench for Dafydd Jones.

Mark Jones (flu) makes way for Dafydd James, and a knock to Simon Maling means Vernon Cooper comes in at lock.

"We know the Dragons are going to be just as physical as Ulster were," Easterby told the South Wales Evening Post.

"What was pleasing in Belfast was the way the forwards went, the scrum was good, the line-out was a bit of a lottery in the wind and rain, but overall we were pretty pleased with our performance up front.

"It will be another tough encounter at Rodney Parade, but for us it is a case of focusing on our task and if we can do that like we did against Ulster I am sure there will be a lot more positive results for us.

"It would be great if we can pick up a couple more wins this week."

The Scarlets are again without injured centres Regan King and Jon Davies.

Kevin Morgan, Martyn Thomas, Duane Goodfield, James Harris, Jamie Corsi, Andrew Hall and Andy Williams are on the injury list at Rodney Parade.

"The game against the Scarlets presents us with a unique challenge due to the sharp turnaround since our Magners League opener on Friday," said Dragons captain Tom Willis.

"The guys have attempted to optimise their recovery while covering the necessary details and preparations that we would for a normal break between games.

"Certainly the quick turnaround hasn't allowed the lads time to dwell on the 'what ifs' from the last game."

Dragons: Phillip Dollman; Tal Selley, Rory Sidey, Marc Stcherbina, Richard Fussell; James Arlidge, Wayne Evans; Adam Black, Tom Willis (capt), Rhys Thomas, Adam Jones, Luke Charteris, Joe Bearman, Richard Parks, Lewis Evans.
Replacements: Hugh Gustafson, Lee Harrison, Jamie Ringer, Grant Webb, Gareth Wyatt, Shaun Connor, Robert Lewis.

Scarlets: M Stoddart; D Daniel, R Higgitt, G Evans, D James; S Jones (capt), S Martens; I Thomas, M Rees, K Meeuws, V Cooper, L Reed, D Jones, D Lyons, G Thomas.
Replacements: D Manu, K Owens, S MacLeod, S Easterby, M Roberts, C Thomas, N Brew.

Referee: James Jones (WRU)

BBC Sport

Oh God... 25 - 6 to the Dragons already...

Kiss of death from Vambo then. <_< ... :p

<div align='center'>Newport-Gwent Dragons 25 - 6
</div>

Newport are humping Scarlets but that doesn't matter because I hate Matt Williams (which has everything to do with this result come what may!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 10 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div align='center'>Newport-Gwent Dragons 25 - 6

Newport are humping Scarlets but that doesn't matter because I hate Matt Williams (which has everything to do with this result come what may!)[/b][/quote]

well done, have a wowwy pop :bravo:

Hm, another excellent Welsh winger in the shape of Darren Daniel? Excellent run there; a damn shame no points came from it. :c

But another good dart and dodge and despite half an hour spent watching an action replay, a good try as well!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 10 2008, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well done, have a wowwy pop bravo.gif[/b]

I try my best *bow*

Awesome comeback; the better team won in the end, absolutely no question about that. If we'd been more clinical, we'd have won by 40+...
Oh by the way, Paul Turner's had his chance; I have no idea why Newport are holding onto him. Same story as last season - as highighted by the commentary - so close, yet so far...

Newport-Gwent Dragons 25 - 27 Llanelli Scarlets

Balls is all I say, the Turks were lucky there! Mind you have much respect for the Dragons! Tom Willis is an amazing Hooker!!!

Talk about a game of two halves!! :lol:

Scarlets were absolute pants in the first 40... The Dragons took their chances and were good value for their lead at the break. The Scarlets were **** poor at the breakdown and against a better team they wouldn't have made that comeback.

Latest posts