• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Drastic Changes

M

Mr. Laxative

I wan't to know what drastic changes people are expecting for '06. Whether it be stadiums, licences, kit, tournaments or gameplay. I am hoping for Rugby 2006 to have the first Super 14 draw.

Let people reply to your other threads before making so many new ones, thanks. This section is already quite flooded with topics... just making a point don't get mad

The following are a list of of teams from the EA Sports ***le Rugby World Cup 1995.
Argentina, Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, England, Fiji, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Latvia, Morocco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Tonga, USA, Uruguay, Wales, Zimbabwe.
Why can't they include some of these teams in the new games. I mean EA are using a much more polished engine. The red teams are those that have not been included in '05.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 10 2005, 04:11 PM
The following are a list of of teams from the EA Sports ***le Rugby World Cup 1995.
Argentina, Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, England, Fiji, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Latvia, Morocco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Tonga, USA, Uruguay, Wales, Zimbabwe.
Why can't they include some of these teams in the new games. I mean EA are using a much more polished engine. The red teams are those that have not been included in '05.
Yeah I'm with umo mate... I couldn't give a flying f*** if those minnow nations were in it or not... I would rather they spend more time working on gameplay than worry about a bunch of teams no one will use...

I read something on here that somebody wanted all the teams that have played in the world cup. well with these teams you can even eun a Rugby World cup qualifying stage. More in depth franchise. Sort of Madden style.

Aw I don't know - I think they should include a 'coach career' mode. If you start off coaching a crap team (such as say Georgia - Georgians, please no offence), then you should have to go thru the WC Qualifing tourny, which should include such countries or "super powers" of say Latvia & China & whatnot.

Also, more franchise ability in general, like playing multiple seasons with retirements and new rookies coming into your selection pool.

I'd also like to see player progression, crap games equal awearness and whatnot to go down, also the ability to play players in new postions and watch them grow into that postion.

Awards would be great, such as PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT etc for world cups and whatnot, makes all your button mashing worth while when that young rookie you took a punt (no pun intended) on by putting him in your starting lineup.

Also, I'd say get rid of HB Studios, but, hopefully when I own Rugby 2005 I will be proven wrong, but personally I'd get somebody else. Looks like EA Canada is a winner tho.

Obviosuly graphics need to take a step forward as they do in any sequal. Also, more outgoing commentry, it seems too scripted and boring. Get an Aussie and Mexted to do the commentry and perhaps have a Brit doing a sideline/half time report.

I'd say they should just look at Madden, and go that way. There not smart enough to do it totally on there own, take something that works and use it - don't reinvent the wheel. Take note EA
<

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 10 2005, 04:48 PM
I read something on here that somebody wanted all the teams that have played in the world cup. well with these teams you can even eun a Rugby World cup qualifying stage. More in depth franchise. Sort of Madden style.
U got it Jacko.

Jamie Gough

Thanks, maybe with the commentary Kearnsey and Mexted main and that girl that was doing field on the North/South game could do sideline updates - injuries etc.

Personally if they were gonna have more teams, then I'd like to see the NPC, Currie cup etc and if possible the major club comps of NSW and QLD! I'd love to take easts to the final with a showdown against the galloping greens at the SFS! Much more so than a game with Sweden...

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 10 2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks, maybe with the commentary Kearnsey and Mexted main and that girl that was doing field on the North/South game could do sideline updates - injuries etc.
Yeah m8, sounds good.

& sanzar, yeh that would be cool, but I think it would work just fine (and not complicate anything) if they just continued with the Euro league and Super 12, and then say in 'coaching mode', the NPC and Currie Cup and whatnot was just totally simulated. But having it in there would do no harm. I guess when your 'coaching' a team, and picking squads tho, (assuming you were say, All Blacks coach), Super 12 would be simulated anyway, because you wouldn't be in control of those provincial teams.

Jamie Gough

This sounds like a rugby manager game. Unfortunately I think EA Sports would have to strike a deal with the creators of Pro Rugby Manager. With Super 12 simulation, there could be a Macqueen to Jones scenario mid-way through test season, resulting in you being coach for both teams. Also if your not coaching a Super 12 team you should be able to play matches anyway.

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 10 2005, 05:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 10 2005, 05:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Mar 10 2005, 04:48 PM
Personally if they were gonna have more teams, then I'd like to see the NPC, Currie cup etc and if possible the major club comps of NSW and QLD! I'd love to take easts to the final with a showdown against the galloping greens at the SFS! Much more so than a game with Sweden... [/b]
Sanzar,
thats the difference ... not everbody is gonna want to play NSW / QLD club competition, the same way not everyone would want to play the AIB Irish leagues...!

at least with other national teams they can perhaps expect a little more chance of people from the available countries actually buying the game.

If there were gonna be more national teams entered, they should really only focus on the top 30 in the world at most (or 32 to make a full custom knockout comp.) as to go too far down the in the rankings means you begin dredging through shite
I'd be all for the extra qualifying parts to RWC etc, but I think they would gain more praise if they gave us more club comps... I'd much prefer (being from the NH) to play a Currie Cup season or NPC season as a different competition then consistently play as a european minnow just to get more longevity

Give us ...

new Super 14
NPC
Currie Cup
Zurich Prem
Celtic League
French Top 16
Italian Super 10 (at a push, or just their top 4-5 teams)
... as extra comps, with some of the best club teams from the Aus, Pacific Isles, Spain, Portugal & Romania to give a little more variety (similar to PES4's batch of extra euro teams not featured in any of the leagues)
... these sort of extra club teams would make the World League much more varied to play in and also open up the possibility of making all sorts of extra "custom" tournaments of your own (SH club championship kinda thing or even the NH Challenge Cup)

don't see why they can't have way more teams, good grief! Even FIFA 99 had more teams than Rugby 05, so why not ay? AY!?

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Mar 10 2005, 10:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Mar 10 2005, 10:44 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 10 2005, 05:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Mar 10 2005, 04:48 PM

Personally if they were gonna have more teams, then I'd like to see the NPC, Currie cup etc and if possible the major club comps of NSW and QLD! I'd love to take easts to the final with a showdown against the galloping greens at the SFS! Much more so than a game with Sweden...
Sanzar,
thats the difference ... not everbody is gonna want to play NSW / QLD club competition, the same way not everyone would want to play the AIB Irish leagues...!
[/b]
We will though won't we
<

And seriously though, the nations your talking about are minnow nations compared to the current minnow nations... If the game is good enough you won't need to have that country's team in it for it to be of appeal. Madden is proof enough of that! Seriosuly how many of you gave a flying **** about NFL before that game?

if these teams made it into 2006 and then EA messed up something like the colour of Richie McCaw's scrumcap or some random Blues backup player's speed stats you'd all be fuming that they'd been wasting their time putting these teams in!!!
<

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 11 2005, 12:02 AM
if these teams made it into 2006 and then EA messed up something like the colour of Richie McCaw's scrumcap or some random Blues backup player's speed stats you'd all be fuming that they'd been wasting their time putting these teams in!!!
<
probably
<

Which is why I said first and formost I'd prefer to see more attention to detail in gameplay and the developement of online play.

Yeah, that was me.

There are only two additional teams needed to complete every WC pool: Zimbabwe & Ivory Coast.

I agree with Raz, there should be more club comps, but the most drastic change that needs to be made is Create-A-Tournament.

Plus, they've completely screwed the pool stages for the 1999 World Cup. Absolute Authenticity -- my ass.

What needs to be drastically changed the most is the kicking arrow. It is pointless beyond persuasion, even when I know where I'm kicking it.

I don't want to see the arc of the ball as if it were a red arrow slicing across my screen.

JLR had it perfect, and WCR wasn't bad either -- bars on the ground, indicating the immediate direction of the ball and power.

Latest posts