• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Drastic Changes

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 10 2005, 05:47 PM
This sounds like a rugby manager game. Unfortunately I think EA Sports would have to strike a deal with the creators of Pro Rugby Manager. With Super 12 simulation, there could be a Macqueen to Jones scenario mid-way through test season, resulting in you being coach for both teams. Also if your not coaching a Super 12 team you should be able to play matches anyway.
All good sports games offer a franchise mode, it doesn't qite have to be 'Pro Rugby Manager' but it just adds a bit of longjivity a game, and nowadays I think it is a must.

Obviosuly the game play should still all be there also.

Jamie Gough

I'm don't think this is in Rugby '05 (if I'm wrong plz corect me) there should be network capabilities included, would make game more interesting. Test your custom made teams/tournaments (which should be included) against others.

Official 2006 licenses to:

-Super 14
-Tri Nations
-Six Nations
-Heinekin Cup
-Past and present Rugby World Cups

Additional tournaments:
-NPC
-Currie Cup
-Zurich Premiership
-French Top 16
-Celtic League

Carreer Mode:
-Southern Hemisphere (start with NPC or CC and work your way up- if Australia start with a Super 14 franchise)
-Northern Hemisphere (start with a club team and work your way up)

-World League
-Additional (more detailed) stadiums (At least 50)
-Additional teams and players (to cover the World Cup and club teams)

-Updated graphics
-Improved gameplay
-Online play

..and I think we'd be set.

Originally posted by Wally@Mar 11 2005, 08:05 AM
Official 2006 licenses to:

-Super 14
-Tri Nations
-Six Nations
-Heinekin Cup
-Past and present Rugby World Cups

Additional tournaments:
-NPC
-Currie Cup
-Zurich Premiership
-French Top 16
-Celtic League

Carreer Mode:
-Southern Hemisphere (start with NPC or CC and work your way up- if Australia start with a Super 14 franchise)

-World League

-Updated graphics
-Improved gameplay
-Online play

..and I think we'd be set.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I can, and will -- though Wally did set it up quite nicely, and, I might add, quite reasonably too.

Official 2006 licenses to include:
-Super 14
-Tri Nations
-Six Nations
-Heinekin Cup
-Past and present Rugby World Cups with proper pool setups and rosters
-use fake names if there is no licence for historical players - I don't want to play a 1987 tournament with 2006 Teams. Plus, 1999 pools are messed up in Rugby 2005!

Additional tournaments:
-NPC
-Currie Cup
-Zurich Premiership
-French Top 16
-Celtic League
-Create-Your-Own

Lions Tour addition:
-Be able to play as the Host Nation, including all warm-up matches as the provinces/clubs.

Carreer Mode:
-Southern Hemisphere (start with NPC or CC and work your way up - if Australia start with a Super 14 franchise)

World League

-Updated graphics
-Improved gameplay
-Online play

Lastly, as the topic states, these are initially to be viewed as improvements EA can make with 2006. There is, however, no reason preventing the people at Swordfish to swoop in and beat them to it.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 12 2005, 01:17 PM
Lions Tour addition:
-Be able to play as the Host Nation, including all warm-up matches as the provinces/clubs. 
YES! Thank you cpt! I've been saying this for ages!!! Why on earth they don't have this option already is ridiculous!!

... why can't you change the positioning of your players in the middle of the game??? sure I can bring on a sub for a specific position, but what about rearranging the team whilst on the field of play !!!

take this example: I want to move D'arcy from outside centre to the wing, taking off dempsey (who was on the wing) and bringing on Maggs to play inside centre, with a positional change for O'driscoll to go to outside centre ????

this is a horrible oversight to be made and is one of my few gripes with the game (the create-a-palyer feature being the other main gripe!!!)

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 12 2005, 01:17 PM
Carreer Mode:
-Southern Hemisphere (start with NPC or CC and work your way up - if Australia start with a Super 14 franchise)

World League
i dont think you would ever get both in anysort of game. but a mix of both would be good in a sence... but yeah, both is a bit much to ask for

I know this would be a minor error, but in the Super 12 do all the jerseys have the same tournament sponsor like in '04 or are the sponsors different depending on which country the team is based in. Also this would apply for field paint?

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 13 2005, 04:09 PM
I know this would be a minor error, but in the Super 12 do all the jerseys have the same tournament sponsor like in '04 or are the sponsors different depending on which country the team is based in. Also this would apply for field paint?
It's minor, but it does make a difference... In NRL (SJRL in nz and ESLRL in the UK) the fact that the feild markings were so accurate and the crisp look of the stadiums (which apart from the crowds I still think are better than the ones in Rugby 2005) made the experience feel so much more genuine.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 13 2005, 03:34 PM
... why can't you change the positioning of your players in the middle of the game??? sure I can bring on a sub for a specific position, but what about rearranging the team whilst on the field of play !!!

take this example: I want to move D'arcy from outside centre to the wing, taking off dempsey (who was on the wing) and bringing on Maggs to play inside centre, with a positional change for O'driscoll to go to outside centre ????

this is a horrible oversight to be made and is one of my few gripes with the game (the create-a-palyer feature being the other main gripe!!!)
True, it should be an option... Also though, doesn't anyone else think the attack stands a bit too deep sometimes? They should make it so mid game you can switch you style from deep to flat on the fly... something that would make attacking in the 22 alot more tense!

Do u have the answer, in each Super 12 country is the tournie logo different because of sponsor?

The field paint just has the Super 12 logo (without the advertising, eg Rebel Sport) and an EA Sports logo.

Originally posted by JJ-@Mar 13 2005, 05:11 PM
The field paint just has the Super 12 logo (without the advertising, eg Rebel Sport) and an EA Sports logo.
Thats sorta slack in my opinion... I mean, they have all the licenses and teams etc, but won't go the extra inch to make it the full monty? Who wats to see EA sports logo's on the rugby feild?

Yeah. they just made the game. ITS NOT LIKE THEIR IMPORTANT. WE WANT ACTUAL LOGOS GODDAMMIT!

Originally posted by maddog79@Mar 13 2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah. they just made the game. ITS NOT LIKE THEIR IMPORTANT. WE WANT ACTUAL LOGOS GODDAMMIT!
No need for sarcasm mate... Afterall, while it is minor, we are right have ago at them for it! They spent a tonne of money securing all those licenses for comps etc, so why bother if your not going to make the effort recreate the look of the real life stadiums with sponsors and all? I mean it's not like EA need to advertise themselves in the game is it? We actually did buy a game EA RUGBY 2005 right? do they really need to have their logo plastered in place of real sponsors?

Absolutely right! I c that we are going towards graphical changes rather than gameplay. Could u guys actually talk about the graphical problems for players or crowd and then give us some gameplay?

Latest posts