• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Drills I can Do on My Own

U

USA_Rugby

What are some simple drills I can do by myself in my backyard? Like for passing and such.

Thanks.

Let's just be honest: Passing Drills on your own are pretty difficult. The only thing I could think of would be to set up some sort of target for passing accuracy.
If you want to increase something on your own, focus on your agility. Get a speed ladder and perform those sorts of drills. Also, work on your sprinting speed...try a speed parachute or dragging a tire.

You can practice dropgoals and punts if you have a big enough yard. Passing is also possible if you make a target.

I just bought the Gilbert reflex trainer and it looks pretty interesting (haven't been able to really try it out because of my wrist situation.) It could possibly help with throwing, but the bungee cords are so short that it mainly helps with reflexes. Maybe that's why they named it the Reflex trainer.. lol

Let's just be honest: Passing Drills on your own are pretty difficult. The only thing I could think of would be to set up some sort of target for passing accuracy.
If you want to increase something on your own, focus on your agility. Get a speed ladder and perform those sorts of drills. Also, work on your sprinting speed...try a speed parachute or dragging a tire.
[/b]
lol

i have one of those and yea it does work really well
[/b]

awesome, glad to hear i didn't waste my money =) does the bungee cord stretch farther than it looks like it would or is it a pretty good distance?

I tried one, is pretty good to be fair, just make sure you're fully awake i guess!

<div class='quotemain'>
i have one of those and yea it does work really well
[/b]

awesome, glad to hear i didn't waste my money =) does the bungee cord stretch farther than it looks like it would or is it a pretty good distance? [/b][/quote]

To be honest the cord isnt really that long and it doesnt stretch much, but because of the way its set up you can get a good idea of the spin you have on the ball and all that good stuff. I use it a lot in the offseason with my scrum half pass so its pretty good stuff!!

As far as other drills go just stand there feet shoulder width and throw a spin pass as high as you can in the air without moving your feet from shoulder width apart.

Latest posts