• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Drop goals...

A

Aeros

Well I have a little problem, Some of the players in Rugby 08 just cant do drop goals, when they are supposed to. I tried to do a drop goal with Butch James and Francois Steyn from several posistions, not once did they even come close.. then I tried with Jean De Villiers and he got it? I mean, seriously.

I downloaded woosah's editor (awesome editor man) and made their kicking stats full, but to no avail.

Also a few other problems:

Australia and New Zealand sometimes get turnovers for no reason (I have loads of support at the breakdown and the ball is on my side) Australia always win the line-out in the middle (Comon?) and never wins at the back?

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

atm. I want to take my Rugby08 copy and smash it repeatedly with a hammer while laughing manically :p

Oh and sometimes the forum tells me I'm not logged in and I should login, and when I login they tell me that I'm not logged in again?

(tried to post this four times before it would work)

Yup it's something I noticed when I first starting playing Rugby 08 (first one I've played in the series) is that you can't do drop goals from very far out.

In real life Francois Steyn has absolutely no problem with doing drop goals 55 Meters out... But in the game, you can only do them from just inside the 40 meter line.

Jonny Wilkinson is the best and strongest drop goaller in the game, where he can do it from about 41-43 meters out.

Something I want in Rugby 09 is the ability for well stated players like Steyn to be able to do massive drop kicks. Because they can in real life.

As for the turn overs, Aust and NZ have a pretty solid forward pack in the game, and if your not quick enough they will get the turn over.

I never use the dropgoal on Rugby 08 because it sux balls and Ea should of stuck to what they used in Rugby 06. I think it's something imbedded right into the players like Carter, Wilkinson, Montgomery etc that make them kick that far because I remember editing there kicking stats to 0 in Rugby 06 but they still kicked it like hell.

As for turnovers sometimes you can have the best ruckers in the game and the opposition will get the ball, it all depends on things like being isolated and where you are on the field. Also things like being in the opposition 22m line will usually give them a slight advantage there's way too many situations to state but things like smothering tackles or diving tackles with certain players can turn the ball over.

With the lineouts you can throw to your middle jumper but still catch it with your front jumper. If both middle jumpers go for the ball and you think the oppositions gonna get it, just delay the throw a little because your jumper stays in the air a little longer so can sometimes still receive the ball while coming down.

I agree the 06 drop goals were good and I used to use them all the time (mates hated it) but EA in their wisdom decided it was too easy and made it hard, but too friggin hard! Hopefully 09 will be easier and better for drop goals.

I agree, 08 Drop goals are just irritating. I also found that with certain teams throwing it to the back just results in them getting the ball :( even if i have a decent No 8. I'm just hoping the next EA Rugby will rectify these problems, because 08 is a huge disappointment.little has changed in 2 years.

Is very difficult, for me, to make a good drop kick.

For example, with Spain, is impossible to do that.

lol..
I guess I am the only one that finds Drop goal in Rugby 08 easier than Rugby 06

well i almost never use drop goals, i dont know why xD but the times i've done them, they are as difficult as hell... but it's true that in Rugby 06 it was far more easier, i remember i used to drop goal with chabal jeje that was awesome

Ok, it's like this..

In Rugby 06 it was easier to actually score the drop goal but i found sometimes it was harder to actually attempt one, but success rate was high. In Rugby 08, you can attempt a drop goal much easier but to actually get it in between the posts is much more difficult. I must only score about 4/10.

I prefer Rugby 08's dropkick system, but where it's flawed is the fact that you can only seem to do it from 30m unless you are star player. If you have the editor, simply give the kickers better kicking stats so that you get a wider range, but limit their ability with place kicks.

I think if you have a decent kicker you can slot them from 40 metres.. doesn't have to be a star player..

The game is so bloody easy.. what i've done is I make The Barbarians basically the world 15 best players.. nearly all star players

then I choose portugal.. put all the settings to most difficult and I ONLY for drop goals.. no tries or penalties..

That is really the hardest settings you can have in the game I think.. but still the game isn't hard enough.. what I'd give for one more level of difficulty to make it challanging.. even if they don't make huge improvements on 2010..I want it much harder

I found this really hard at first too, but after practicing (a lot) I found that all you have to do is aim at the post and tap the drop kick button (once you get the timing right then you can nail them with anyone). In 06 you got to hold down the button as it built up power which was really easy because the same system has been used since Jonah Lomu Rugby.

the thing is, nowadays you get guys like francois steyn and maxime medard who can get 50m drop goals and not one person can get it past the 10 yard line. let alone the fact that ea steyn ratings are terrible and i dont even know if medard was in the game until the roster update patches.