• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Du Preez says sayonara to SA and Ohayo gozaimasu to Japan

R

Rocket Singh

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3...6032618,00.html

Bulls & SA scrum half Fourie du Preez is set to join a Japanese TOP LEAGUE club after the Rugby World Cup in 2011.

With one eye on serving the green & gold and another on his pension fund, he looks forward to serving in one last World Cup but also looks forward to broadening his horizons playing rugby/teaching English in Japan.

Well good on him, think he deserves it...he's won every trophy he could...Currie Cup, Super 14, Tri-Nations, Lions Tour, World Cup(something I missed? :p ), So after defending the World Cup in New Zealand what's left to do...?Make big bucks and retire of course

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Mar 17 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
....he's won every trophy he could...Currie Cup, Super 14, Tri-Nations, Lions Tour, World Cup(something I missed? :p )[/b]

Grampian amateurs cup.

EDIT: I wonder which club have snapped him up? I hope its the SANYO WILD KNIGHTS who have possibly the most awesome name in rugby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Mar 18 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well good on him, think he deserves it...he's won every trophy he could...Currie Cup, Super 14, Tri-Nations, Lions Tour, World Cup(something I missed? :p ), So after defending the World Cup in New Zealand what's left to do...?Make big bucks and retire of course[/b]
Would have been nice to add something like Top 14, Guiness Premiership or Heineken Cup to that all ready very impressive list. I think Japan will be a bit too easy. He'll still be good enough to play in Europe. That being said, good one him.

A bit too easy? A bit too easy?! Why I don't think you realise just how tough the Japanese season is!

He'll be playing between September and February and if his team does really well possibly even into early March when the Microsoft Cup (Japans answer to the AirNZ Cup, Currie Cup, etc) kicks into action. He'll be facing giants such as Toyota Verblitz, Toshiba Brave Lupus and f***uoka Sainx Bombs!

Meanwhile, don't think he'll get a cushy package! Oh no! Depending on who he plays for he'll probably have to lump it with a large amount of money and possibly inclusion into whatever health insurance, travel insurance and pension schemes the company he joins (Toyota, Sanyo, Toshiba, NEC, etc) will offer. He will after all be a company employee.

So now Du Preez is a corporate drone as of late 2011 forced to play barely 5 months a year with the oppressive prospect of being able to fart around for the rest of the year doing nothing.

I feel sorry for the guy now.

Latest posts