Dumbest game idea

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by CeeJay, Jun 8, 2006.

1. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

PREY

Prey tells the story of Tommy, a Cherokee garage mechanic stuck on a reservation going nowhere. His life changes when an otherworldly crisis forces him to awaken spiritual powers from his long-forgotten birthright. Abducted along with his people to a menacing mothership.

Just reading this description made me cringe, stick a Cherokee in it and call it original. The only thing worse than this, would be if they made it into a movie.

Coming July, pre order now and beat the rush?? Seriously, Jacko has better ideas than this.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. woosaah

woosaah Guest

i thought you were jacko for a moment :D

4. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

LMAO!

same...

5. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Did you think it was my brainchild?

6. 187

187 Guest

what game is this? i think i've heard of it. u seen trailers for that ps3 game 'assasins creed'.. that game looks pretty cool.

7. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Prey looks good, ok its different game, but it may be good

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

It's Doom 3 mk. 2, so it's cool in my book.

9. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

If anyone has doubts, have a look at the gameplay videos, it looks mad as a penguin. A few videos can be streamed here

It's like Doom meets The Matrix game. It is hard to explain, so it best you see a video of it to understand it...somehow.

I'm gonna get it when it comes out.

10. esoj

esoj Guest

I thought it looked interesting going by the trailers. defintely worth a look at in my book

11. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Must just be me, I stand by my original post, I look forward to hearing your opinions once its out.

After watching the trailer it does look original, but still dumb idea.

12. woosaah

woosaah Guest

just had a look on gamespot, the concepts sounds a bit weird to me, a cherokee his grandfather and his girlfriend get abducted to alien hell and he has to save the girl.

but other than that doesnt sound to bad, when you die there is a little scene were you have to shoot to get back to life again, aparently they use this instead of loading screens, should be alright.

and also they have redone all the opengl stuff and put it to direct 3d (or was that the other way around i forget now) recoding it all for the doom3 engine and reackon they have fixed the problems they had with the graphics for quake 4

13. esoj

esoj Guest

just a bump to let those interested that a playable demo for this comes out today at 4pm nz time on gamespot. the demo contains 1 hour of gameplay and includes 2 multiplayer maps

14. woosaah

woosaah Guest

fun! ta esoj

15. MonoTurd

MonoTurd Guest

man i want an xbox 360 so i can play FFXI. it looks pretty phat and i heard that the latest basketball game (cant remember the name sorry) is really realistic on the 360. apparently you can see the sweat dripping off the players and **** like that

16. gjohn85

gjohn85 Guest

Yeah its the same with Rockstar's table tennis, after a long game you start to see your characters shirt go darker where they is sweating...bloody neat touch & a bloody good game!

17. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Actually, I was interested to read this........ it seems someone has finally listened to my ideas!!! I sent this around just 7 months ago.

18. cavan

cavan Guest

the United Nations has funded a series of games that aim to give young gamers a more ethical and educating experience through the medium of computer games. One of the games is called "Dying in Darfur" and it sets the player in the role of a refugee in a Sudanese camp where the aim of the game is to stay alive and not pick up diseases, get raped or killed in anyway...

This is no joke btw you can download and play this game...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6043001060.html

19. Man what a weird game its really screwy.

20. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/pre...tml?sid=6153262

ok i am sold, i am gonna upgrade my vid card and buy this one

21. woosaah

woosaah Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it looks worth it anyway

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!