• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dupuy ban reduced

A

An Tarbh

Julien Dupuy has had his ban reduced by 1 week.

Here's the bullshit explanation from the ERC

Originally posted by ERC Rugby
An Independent Appeal Committee sitting at Heathrow today (Wednesday, 13 January 2010), allowed the appeal brought by Julien Dupuy, the Stade Français Paris player, against the level of sanction imposed by an independent Judicial Officer.
The appeal was against the level of sanction imposed by the original independent Judicial Officer (Friday, 18 December 2009) who had found Mr Dupuy guilty of an act contrary to good sportsmanship in contravention of Law 10.4(l) in that he made contact with the eye / eye area of Stephen Ferris (Ulster Rugby) in the Heineken Cup Pool 4 match against Ulster Rugby at Ravenhill, Belfast, on Saturday, 12 December 2009 and that the offence was at the top end in the level of seriousness. The original sanction was a suspension of 24 weeks.

The independent Appeal Committee, chaired by Professor Lorne Crerar (Scotland) and also comprising Rod McKenzie (Scotland) and Pat Barriscale (Ireland), found that Mr Dupuy had demonstrated that the original decision had been in error only in a limited and technical manner, by taking into account the need for deterrence when determining entry point rather than as an aggravating factor. The independent Appeal Committee agreed with the independent Judicial Officer that the offence was at the top end in the level of seriousness but determined that the original decision should be varied by reducing the suspension by one week to a period of 23 weeks.

He will be free to play on 27th May 2010.

think they felt sorry for him, not sure why to be honest and said oh we'll let him be available for the Top 14 Final, although there's little chance of Paris getting there this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 13 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
think they felt sorry for him, not sure why to be honest and said oh we'll let him be available for the Top 14 Final, although there's little chance of Paris getting there this season.[/b]

I do too, he is French after all.

THAT WAS A JOKE.

What a Joke

Whatever the different opinions on the act, ridiculous appeal. Whether you reduce the sanction in a notable way, whether you don't touch anything.

Did they dare say it's to allow him to play for the TOP 14 final on the 29th of May (2 days after the new end of ban) ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Jan 13 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What a Joke

Whatever the different opinions on the act, ridiculous appeal. Whether you reduce the sanction in a notable way, whether you don't touch anything.

Did they dare say it's to allow him to play for the TOP 14 final on the 29th of May (2 days after the new end of ban) ?[/b]

well they didn't say it but it's obvious that's the reason for reducing it by a week. Yet again another in a series of strange calls by the ERC.

This won't arrange the opinion we have here of this organisation...

Let's say we'll find consolation thinking that they could like their colleagues of football still refuse video ref !

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jan 13 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 13 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
think they felt sorry for him, not sure why to be honest and said oh we'll let him be available for the Top 14 Final, although there's little chance of Paris getting there this season.[/b]

I do too, he is French after all.

THAT WAS A JOKE.
[/b][/quote]

:huh: Barbados sense of humor?

He's been banned for the six months. He won't play in the final. He's still more or less got the maximum ban. Thankfully, nobody got any serious injuries or died.

Move along.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 14 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They should have increased the ban for the c*** having the cheek to appeal.[/b]

I don't see why he should be blamed for something within the laws (the appeal). If he's allowed to, fair game.

Besides, you're not even English. Sad...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 14 2010, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 14 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should have increased the ban for the c*** having the cheek to appeal.[/b]

I don't see why he should be blamed for something within the laws (the appeal). If he's allowed to, fair game.

Besides, you're not even English. Sad...
[/b][/quote]
If I was from Botswana I'd still complain about it.