• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

E3 2011 Coverage : Rugby World Cup 2011

He talks about the HD quality being great and much fast pace rugby. Now im even more excited, i wonder what all the people who were hating on hb earlier have to say to this...

sounds awesome :D :D I like the stuff regarding advanced sidestepping etc. Very keen to see where that goes :D :D woop woop
Also new screens as well :D defo look more promicing again :p

Sounds very good,
anyone know about if they got the backbreaker engine for this?
also anynews on the online part, will it only be 1v1 online?

Ecellent!!! Sounds brilliant! And one new screenshot,notice the grass and the tee coming up after the kick! I think the graphics look great there,ok,not as good as rugby challange (enough said about that),but i think it looks "sharp"! WOO! Bring it on!

Sounds like it is really hard to win, which is great and he seemed to be speechless at the gameplay and graphics
so there is still hope for this game
Hopefully we see a GAMEPLAY!!!!! well im getting both again!!

I hope in tour mode your players can trip over in the street whilst drunk, get themselves injured and then make up stories to try and find their way out of it. That would be a nice touch.

This is a bit concerning

' take you on the same path your chosen team will take in real life. You will play the same teams, have the ability to choose your own squad from the 30 man teams that will be announced later this year'

Firstly, sounds like there will only be 30 man squad for each country and that you won't be able to tailor the 30 to your desire. But, more importantly, I'm concerned about what it says about taking your team on the same path. I hope there is an option to randomize the pools, otherwise playing the same pools repeatedly will get boring. Though Warm-up and test mode should offer a little variety.

All-in-all though, sounds like this guy was impressed. He seemed quite impressed with the graphics, which surprised me. The screenshots released by HB kinda had me worried, but this has given me a little more hope

It will most likely be the WC squads, although I did like being able to chose my squad for the world cup.

Wow he seems gob smacked by the gameplay an interesting to note he mentions how good the graphics are also another new screnshot of the game and it's actually in gameplay too.. Can't wait!

Felmore does seem to big the game up like crazy - "new features" to which we're already accustomed, and a 100-fold improvement etc etc - but his enthusiasm is more than a little infectious. There's plenty left to be revealed, as he says. This write-up is a welcome tease.

the new guard control that allows players to set themselves into a more supported stance to make that try saving tackle.

How should I interpret that, if I wanted something of an idea?

And what fans asked for a shootout? Gas stuff! It's welcome, but I wouldn't be up in arms if they'd forgotten it. :D

Well. He hasn't actually played the game. And he only got the information from the producers. And by watching a video that was purposely meant to make the game look good.

"This game is far deeper than I ever imagined it to be, and I am a bit ashamed that I didn't give 505 the credit they deserved going into this demo. But the truth is they deserve it and so much more for the work they have put into Rugby World Cup 2011."

Really???

I think I've just wee'd myself a little bit reading that "preview"!

Excitement is building!!

Sounds great!!!! just what was needed. Tours, warm up matches, world league/tournament all sounds great, gameplay sounds very impressive. this is what HB needed as a boost. Know doubt the Sidhe 'fanboys' will still pick at it but it does seem we are gonna get two awesome games this year!!! The extra defense hes talking about i hope is like try line defence where you bunch up the forwards around the fringes.
Also i think it says you can change the world cup around to make your own path too but might have read that wrong......but apart from all this, AI can be set to hard and proper hard!!! love a good challenge. Cant wait!!!!!!

Latest posts