• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

E3 debrief

Hi AJ. It is true about Rugby'08 in SA. I sold all my PS2 games except '08 just so that we can still play it, even though the graphics are killing me.So when RWC11 comes out I will be stuck with a worthless game and console.HAHA. But it's worth it. Good Luck on what is building up to be a great new era in Rugby gaming.

Would be kinda funny though wouldn't it? Having the official logo with all the right logos within that, but then when it came time to play SA, you line up against the SA Bambis or something lol.

It might be like Pro Evolution.They have the license for the Champions League, but not for all the teams playing.Hope that is not the case though.Would not like to score a try with Wynand Olive or Piet Spies.

It might be like Pro Evolution.They have the license for the Champions League, but not for all the teams playing.Hope that is not the case though.Would not like to score a try with Wynand Olive or Piet Spies.

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility. But Sidhe did say they'd be announcing more ***les soon. I'm also wondering if the RWC's special rules with regards to naming and branding will allow them to carry all official team names and players. As I said somewhere else, the wallabies official name is the "QANTAS Wallabies", but obviously in the RWC they won't have QANTAS on their jerseys and will be more sensibly referred to official as the "Australian Wallabies". I'm not sure how licensing laws apply in such instances, but I'd imagine there'd be a loop hole there for a wily solicitor to argue this justifies separate licensing.

Thankfully PES has a great built-in editor and you can fix that yourself. From what AJ said RWC11 has one too so I'm pretty sure in a couple of weeks someone will make a patch similar to what they did with R08 :)

Good update, glad to see the developers have recognized the drama their first screenshots may have caused and confirmed that these were preliminary screens. Can't wait to see the next update and maybe some footage. Player editor sounds good, finally my Manu Samoa team will be stacked LOL ;p

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility. But Sidhe did say they'd be announcing more ***les soon. I'm also wondering if the RWC's special rules with regards to naming and branding will allow them to carry all official team names and players. As I said somewhere else, the wallabies official name is the "QANTAS Wallabies", but obviously in the RWC they won't have QANTAS on their jerseys and will be more sensibly referred to official as the "Australian Wallabies". I'm not sure how licensing laws apply in such instances, but I'd imagine there'd be a loop hole there for a wily solicitor to argue this justifies separate licensing.
"Wallabies" is actually the trademarked part of their name.What can be used no problem for unlicensed teams and stadia is the country or city name e.g. Australia or Auckland.

"Wallabies" is actually the trademarked part of their name.What can be used no problem for unlicensed teams and stadia is the country or city name e.g. Australia or Auckland.

I really hope that both games get the licensing for the Springboks. Even if you might be able to edit the names and so on yourself it is not the same knowing that it is not original.Please SARU/SA Rugby work with us.

Just Heard that that (one of the Guys who went and saw This game at E3) the Graphics that he saw were not Good, but not bad either. Hope the Graphics End up being Good before Release...Hoping for the Complete Rugby Experience in one game. Don't want to have to swop between ***les because one has Gameplay and the Other has Graphics...that Sucks.

so much for lazygamers description of the graphics!

so much for lazygamers description of the graphics!

Surely JJR has just given you a second hand impression of the graphics and he's only one person. So is the guy at lazygamer. Maybe the truth is somewhere in between?

I keep hearing that they are alright but not great. TBH im getting both games anyway so i dont see it as a competition!
As long as we all buy them there is a better chance of another game next year!

Damn... was hoping the RWC would allow some way around that for the sake of HB's game. Oh well, that's what mod communities are for right? ;)

Yo HB, I'd like to know how player likenesses are going at the moment? Do players look somewhat like their real life counter parts? Because to me that is even more important then licensing!!! Please let us know, or even better, show us a screen of a well known player :)

Yo HB, I'd like to know how player likenesses are going at the moment? Do players look somewhat like their real life counter parts? Because to me that is even more important then licensing!!! Please let us know, or even better, show us a screen of a well known player :)

Yeah this is pretty important - seeing a black man with the face of a 6 year old boy who was supposedly Dan Parks stepping up to take conversions was always pretty gutting!

I stopped reading here.

Surely JJR has just given you a second hand impression of the graphics and he's only one person. So is the guy at lazygamer. Maybe the truth is somewhere in between?

You are right everything is opinion based...Just hoping The Graphics are worthy of a ***le on Xbox 360/Ps3; would be a real waste not to make full use of the Hardware available on these Next Gen consoles.In General Great Graphics sell more ***les than just Good/Average Graphics. Would love this game to be the Complete Package.

Don't want to experience what i experienced when i bought SBK 08' on xbox 360...Could not play the game for more than 2 days as i was on a xbox 360; but it looked like i was playing the game on a PS2-PS1 console...very off putting Graphic quality.

Latest posts