• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

E3 debrief

Just Spoke to Ian Felmore; the guy who wrote The Preview/Review for Rugby WC on lazygamer.net. He said he would give FIFA 12 a 9/10 Graphics/Visual rating and would give this game a 5/10. So now we back to square one...nobody thinks these Graphics are good once again. Hope it goes up to at least a 7/10 before release.

Keep the announcements coming, can't wait for the game to finally come out! :)

Well i'm sure The current WC Champions will be licensed :?

I heard it's not coming to SA... :'(

I reALLy hope so buddy, coz i'd buy both..

Still pretty sad that this is not being released for PC, compounded by the fact that Madden 12 isn't coming back over (despite the launch of Origin. And the fact that the developers do run the game on PC every year but not release it). Blame piracy all you want, but Steam does exist. Looks like RC for me then.

But are you really sure that the graphics are bad?

From these shots seem to levels of FIFA11

RWC 2011
TRF_RWC2011_Screen2.png

FIFA11
FIFA11-57483.jpg

RWC 2011
TRF_RWC2011_Screen1.jpg

FIFA 11
323435.fifa-soccer-11-per-pc.not_so_big.jpg

I'm not saying that will have a monstrous graphics, but I prefer to wait a few videos before judging the graphics

@Zoso
I can only give my opinion on the current screenshots; but i was told by someone who saw the gameplay at E3 said that the Graphics are not good; but not Bad Either. FIFA 12, 9/10 Graphics rating from what he saw and RWC 5/10 from E3...he saw the Gameplay, so his judgement must be pretty accurate.

Simply i just Hate crappy Graphics; makes Good Gameplay feel like crap Gameplay because the poor Visuals are so distracting.

^^^Agreed^^^

Ive no dout about gameplay quality, as the lazygamer preview said it played very well. But the same bloke who bigged it up, said the graphics were half as good as FIFAs. So im undecided. I'll just have to wait and play it! Just hope Rugby Challenge gets all the liceneces this game doesnt use !

I LOVE RUGBY!

Simply i just Hate crappy Graphics; makes Good Gameplay feel like crap Gameplay because the poor Visuals are so distracting.

But at the same time, Great graphics doesn't make crap game play feel like good game play ala FIFA 07 A lot of people prefered to worse looking FIFA 07 on the PS2/Xbox over the 360 version.. Decent game play will add depth to the game far more than decent graphics. Obviously both would be great, but EA are making their sixth FIFA ***le on this gen with FIFA 12 so they've had plenty of time to improve both game play and graphics.

that Auckland stadium has a blighty of a mess up with the stadium (other than they've made most of it up) that the steps that allow the spectators to find their seats stops half way up... how do they get to the top without chair hopping over other spectators??? wtf??

But are you really sure that the graphics are bad?

From these shots seem to levels of FIFA11

RWC 2011
TRF_RWC2011_Screen2.png

FIFA11
FIFA11-57483.jpg

RWC 2011
TRF_RWC2011_Screen1.jpg

FIFA 11
323435.fifa-soccer-11-per-pc.not_so_big.jpg

I'm not saying that will have a monstrous graphics, but I prefer to wait a few videos before judging the graphics

thats why we are asking for close up shots, as in fifa 11 they are fairly decent from close camera angles... i myself just want to see if they match up in that sense. As you have to scale of the graphics from distant objects anyway.

Thanks Zoso for putting up a comparison up. I liked the graphics anyways, but seeing them in comparison there isn't much difference. RWC 11 looks more "bright" (i guess to do with weather conditions). But i honestly think we should keep our complete judgements for gameplay vid (which everyone seems to be doing anyways :D).
Keep the banter going :D :D

I can't believe what i'm reading!!! Are you guys serious?!? Those graphics are not even comparable to Fifa 11
Here's RWC 2011 compare do Rugby 06

Rugby 06
463509-rugby-06-windows-screenshot-south-africa-vs-england-on-the.jpg

RWC 2011
trfrwc2011screen2.png

Fifa 10
fifa-10-playstation-3-ps3-077.jpg

I'm not trying to be a downer but the graphics look closer to Rugby 06 than they do the Fifa 11. The graphics may improve before release as the players are probably just generic at the moment as the RWC squads haven't been announced yet but to say that it looks like Fifa... some serious beergoggles!!! :)

Well looking at those screenshots rwc2011 seems much closer to fifa 10 than rugby 06.

Well most have one point in common...HB and 505 Games need to improve those Graphics before release....we would not be talking about it so much if it was not an issue.

i think they will be improved by release, its only the players which look bad and they defiantly aint finished as the squads and alot of shirts havent been announced. Also maybe the gameplay is so good and quick getting a good screen shot is hard.:D . Graphics will be fine, it wont look like PS2, i very much doubt a company like HB could do that. I guess depending how good you want this game to be you will either say it looks like 06 or fifa 10/11. When a video comes out then we can make proper judgement.

I Hope HB will make a Rugby 2012/13 xbox 360/PS3 for next year...with Tournaments such as SupeRugby, Top 14, Aviva Premiership, Heineken Cup and Currie Cup. Start another Series; i am sure it will be successful; so much Demand for Rugby Union games in South Africa; guys are tired of playing Fifa all the time!! C'Mon HB Studios make it happen; but first lets make Rugby World Cup game the Best it can be...well done HB!!!

Alright...long time reader not a poster.

I'm bored of reading the same rubbish over and over here, people need to wake up to some hard realities.

EA isnt backing this game because they dont think it will make enough money. Rugby is absolutely tiny in comparison with football, NFL etc and short of every single rugby fan in the world buying this game its not a high profit venture.

I'm delighted HB are making a new game, I'll take anything I can get. But expectations need to be lowered here, they are a small team, on a smaller budget than before, and everyone seems to be expecting a fifa/madden sized delivery. Its not gonna happen.

What will hopefully happen is they deliver us a fun game that will be an advancement on rugby 08. The fact its only international teams is sad and a product of the lower cash available that they couldnt get licenses/time to build in all the club teams.

Sorry to burst your bubble kids, but if expectations dont come down you're gonna be disappointed! I believe they are doing the best with the crappy deck of cards they are being dealt but HB arent miracle workers.

Now..you throw rugby challenge into the mix. This is bad news for both developers, anyone saying otherwise in either camp is just being PR savvy. You had a small pool of buyers next to a footie/nfl game, but you had them to yourself at least. Now there are 2 products competing for a niche market both will make less money. Not to mention there is now a split in licenses etc a la Fifa V PES and the whole thing will become a mess as the rights are mixed between the two.

Its not viable for the number of buyers of a rugby game to keep two series' of rugby games afloat, nothing would make me happier than to see an annual/bi-annual rugby game but the sums just dont add up on it as being profitable.

So we'll get these two, and god only knows when we get the next one.

It sucks but its the way it is, the trials of being a rugby fan.

So suck it up, be glad you're getting these two and hope to god at least one of them gives us a fun representation of our sport.

Judging by the quality of that, I wish you'd post more often!

Latest posts