• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

I think if this game is just an update with the rucks being tweaked....then it should be good.

R2006's major issue was rucks. Everything else was not that big an issue.
[/b]

I agree 100 % percent.Even if we could only see an improvement with AI and the way AI plays I would be happy.I am tired of winning all the tournaments etc. etc.We need a better AI in Rugby 08.A harder game with a little bit more line to skill etc.Anything else would be a bonus.Network play etc I will be stone dead by the time EA figures that it is something we want in a rugby game. :bravo:

Yep it's definitely getting boring in single player, I've gone through trying to win the World Cup with each team, just won with Japan recently on Elite. However multiplayer is still thriving...

HEY...gaming nerds!!!
What platforms is it going to be made available?

ps. sorry for calling you "gaming nerds," it was just a lot better than saying douche bags...I've been using that one a lot lately.

HEY...gaming nerds!!!

ps. sorry for calling you "gaming nerds," it was just a lot better than saying douche bags...I've been using that one a lot lately.
[/b]
ps2 definitly pretty sure pc and rumors that later on this year they'll put out a xbox 360 verison

obviously you cant be bothered to search :p

ps2 and pc only
[/b]

<div class='quotemain'>
HEY...gaming nerds!!!

[/b]
ps2 definitly pretty sure pc and rumors that later on this year they'll put out a xbox 360 verison
[/b][/quote]
Thanks guys...I love you!

<div class='quotemain'>

ps2 and pc only
[/b]

<div class='quotemain'>
HEY...gaming nerds!!!

[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
i suppose love is better than hate but i think you went a bit far. :wacko:

I heard a rumor that there is going to be a sevens tournament and you will be able to choose the referee and there is going to be 5 new nations.
THIS IS A RUMOR.

i doubt 7s mode will be in the game. it would have been mentioned in the feature list.

from the screen shots looks like a much more prettier version of rugby 06. looks like a more tv presentation with camera angles.

they have seem to stick with the star players. i hope they have lowered the stats of players like gavin henson, jonny wilkinson, jason robinson etc. they are not just the same as before.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

ps2 and pc only
[/b]

<div class='quotemain'>
HEY...gaming nerds!!!

[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
i suppose love is better than hate but i think you went a bit far. :wacko: [/b][/quote]
Love is never going to far. You need to be more secure, and free yourself to say those words.

i doubt 7s mode will be in the game. it would have been mentioned in the feature list.

from the screen shots looks like a much more prettier version of rugby 06. looks like a more tv presentation with camera angles.

they have seem to stick with the star players. i hope they have lowered the stats of players like gavin henson, jonny wilkinson, jason robinson etc. they are not just the same as before. [/b]

yeh its also gonna be hard to rate the teams - especially the international ones - the 6 nations was won by France but i think we can all fairly agree that Ireland, Wales and England can all be on par with them - but all the teams go up and down so much in form!

Would like to see Italy have a high rating, maybe give Parisse a star rating?

The ABs form doesn't. Someone was telling me they are one of the most successful teams in all of sportsdom with a win-loss ratio second to none.
All the NH teams have never been able to achieve consistency for more than 2 or 3 years at a time.

I keep saying that EA should add a roster editor because their ratings are bullshit. Man i hope they added one.

I think the new defensive plays could be the key to the difficulty of the game, if HB/EA has gotten the AI to use the plays well then maybe just maybe the game could provide a bigger challenge for you experts out there.

changing the defenses won't enable the computer ai to score 20-30 points which it isn't able to do in 06 even on elite. B)

changing the defenses won't enable the computer ai to score 20-30 points which it isn't able to do in 06 even on elite. B) [/b]

I agree.The AI is soft on attack and defence.Meaning that the AI only scores tries by stupid mistakes made by the player.On Elite we can hold the line and prevent any tries by just making tackles and disrupting (reading the AI attack) etc etc.Scoring tries doesn't require a lot of skill.So AI must be able to adjust to gameplay and must be able to run the ball by doing clever (skilled) passes and moves.By breaking down defence it should be able to hit the inside channel or go wide.This is the only way of really disruping a human players defence.We can talk about it for hours but let's hope that Rugby 08 will come with a real effective AI on attack and defence. :bravo:

ai's attack is just far too predictable, even when they do a set move from a ruck or scrum or lineout, its performed far too slow and the first 5 usually gets tackled before he passes the ball

Just a mention for this.. but on fifa 98 (a world cup edition) it listed all the international teams in the world and it also had a feature where you could call up reserves from a player pool. So for England, France, Australia and the other 122 teams or whatever, every player of that nationality in the game was listed under their team so you could never fail to have an outdated team.

I appreciate that rugby has less teams in regard to football, but wouldn't it be a cool feature to have something like that?

frankly, from the footage ive seen on utube, im disappointed but not surprised that EA is gonna ship what is basically a patch of 06. having played madden and seen the running style employed, its criminal that EA has chosen to ignore the engine developed for madden and not modified it for rugby.

the problem is not that 06 is meerely being updated and sold as a new game, its that the 06 engine is simply not up to the standard required of a rugby game....poor graphics, poor and unrealistic animations for side steps (which aren't even implemented properly) , hand offs, normal and high tackles,rucking (isn't it illegal to dive over the ball off your feet?), scrums and barreling fowards...for some reason the highlight stick has been ignored totally... commentary also stays the same (from what i've heard)

hopefully the AI has been worked on, and elite mode is actaully hard, but again from what ive seen, i have my doubts

I agree it is a real shame that rugby is not given the attention it deserves on a video game - having said that we all expect so much from the game its no surprise we are so hard on it when it comes out. For us rugby nuts this is the only game we have to chose from, so there is a lot riding on EA getting it right! My feeling is rugby will only be on a par with Madden when the popularity of the sport increases substantially across the globe. Bring on rugby 2050!

Latest posts