EA Sport's MMA Game

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians

This game looks quite promising. Fight Night Round 4 graphics, and the look of the submission could be a good one. I dislike UFC'10's submission control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on how the demo plays i might get this, i really don't like the ground game in UFC, and the whole game looks a lot better here than some of the other videos i've seen. I like the submission system shown there as well, with UFC you'd never know whether it'd work or not (think i only got two or so submissions in several careers)

Depending on how the demo plays i might get this, i really don't like the ground game in UFC, and the whole game looks a lot better here than some of the other videos i've seen. I like the submission system shown there as well, with UFC you'd never know whether it'd work or not (think i only got two or so submissions in several careers)

I also prefer pushing buttons for submissions, I like in the small video clip you can see the bone in the arm, so you could break someone's arm / leg etc. Wonder if they don't tap they can carry on fighting with broken bones and see the affect of it whilst fighting.

I love UFC 10 but the submission system sucks arse... its all luck and no skill. Most career losses come from submission (at the start) unless you waste all point on submission defense. Hopefully EA can give some competition. weird actually, EA playing catch up ;)

The sliding around motion when they walk is a bit of a downer, but i'll still cop me a copy, and it wont be out till Oct apparently so hopefully they fix it. I can't play UFC 2010 anymore, it's like i've worked out the ins an outs of it.

Will be picking up this game, especially after ending up a little underwhelmed by THQ's latest effort.

The striking seems to be suffering from the same problem as FNR4. That is, punches look weak. They are thrown without power and impact. They will end up looking like they are rubbing their gloves in each others faces just like in
FNR4. This is very disappointing, especially since the kicks look quite ferocious. The knockout looked cool, and better than the 3 or 4 canned ones in UFC 2010.

On the ground, the transitions, submissions, struggles and escapes look very authentic and really give the appearance of a struggle, unlike the robotic transition battles in UFC 2010.

Again though, the striking is the weak point. The ground and pound looks like a slap fight, they might as well ad pillows and chicks in bikinis, then I would be a little more understanding.

In another older video, I saw a ground KO where a guy got knocked out cold from one weak as hammer fist and the
attacker froze in mount. So based on this it would appear the KOs are based on an energy bar instead of a good shot and that you will awkwardly freeze after a KO....just like in UFC 210. I was really hoping these guys would fill some of the holes in THQ's game. Its a mixed bag at the moment.

EDIT: I dont know why my post is appearing with line breaks in strange places, when I edit it looks normal.

Last edited:
The game looks much better then UFC though.

This game still has a couple of months to go. So I presume graphical tweaking etc will be better. But this game will push THQ's tho.

I like this gameplay the most, you're right they still have 4 or so months left to work on this, but this footage alone is enough to convince me its much better than UFC. And thats just saying how bad the UFC game actually is, not how awesome this one will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looked terrible, stand up looks wrong. Yet another stone cold KO on the ground from a weak looking punch. I like that he threw a punch after the KO, but then he paused in a some weird animation loop that just looked silly.

the rythym to the strikes in this game seems like the UFC games of old, kind of jerky and impossible to put fluid combos together.

This may be better than UFC, but it is looking like another hit and miss MMA game. I love MMA and will pick this up
regardless of how bad it is, but my expectations are low based on what Im seeing here.

The knockout was not great but theres a good set of months to release so you never know they can improve it or not.

Got the demo for this last night, it's not bad!

You know in racing games, you get driving games, and simulators? This feels more like the former, where UFC is the latter.
The controls are taking some getting used to (if you've played Skate then the attacks are similar to doing tricks on that) but it's not a bad game at all. Don't think i'll get it, but the demos pretty fun

Think the controls are pretty good to be fair, the UFC has its problems in the submission departments. This is a good show and im looking forward to getting this.

Im enjoying the demo. The game plays put somewhat like real MMA. Sadly those lame one hit KOs are all you can get on
the ground, no TKOs. This makes for a major anticlimax compared to the superb stand up finishes.

The AI is also broken to the point where you can easliy beat them on legend. I won't tell you what this is if you dont know as it is a bit of a game killer. Hopefully they will fix this before the release.

Im enjoying the demo. The game plays put somewhat like real MMA. Sadly those lame one hit KOs are all you can get on
the ground, no TKOs. This makes for a major anticlimax compared to the superb stand up finishes.

The AI is also broken to the point where you can easliy beat them on legend. I won't tell you what this is if you dont know as it is a bit of a game killer. Hopefully they will fix this before the release.

I doubt EA will not not fix some of the bugs because they have invested alot of money and time in the game and want to make it the best possible.

Yeah, its the E3 build which means they have had time to fix the AI atleast. They have already confirmed that the KOs on the ground won't be changed.

I do wonder though, why the AI is broken this close to release and why they would release a demo knowing this.

Yeah, its the E3 build which means they have had time to fix the AI atleast. They have already confirmed that the KOs on the ground won't be changed.

I do wonder though, why the AI is broken this close to release and why they would release a demo knowing this.

Mind games, get people thinking this is **** when really its gonna be ace.

Latest posts