• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Sports™ Rugby 09?

I'm sure sales would sour if they slapped an online multiplayer on it...especially for Xbox 360...that would be soo ace

Rugby 08 actually sold quite well in the UK, on the back of the World Cup.

According to the HB website, they are currently working on 5 games. Bearing in mind that they work exclusively on sports ***les, it's a safe bet to assume that rugby is included amongst that lot. I would guess at a February 09 release.

I reckon there is a market for rugby in gaming, no doubt. I would like EA have two rugby ***les, one for club and one for international. I would like the same for FIFA as well, it makes sense as the average sports fan would like both, double the profit. I would also like to see EA try again with Rugby League..ARL 96 was an awesum game in its time why not have another go..it is World Cup year.

I reckon there is a market for rugby in gaming, no doubt. I would like EA have two rugby ***les, one for club and one for international. [/b]

But the thing is i dont want to buy 2 games!! :rahh:

I think they're going about these rugby games the wrong way. You can't really fit all the nuances and strategy of a rugby match with one person controlling an entire team in real time.

I'd like to see rugby as a turn based strategy game, where you'd have to give orders to your troops at the start of every phase and try to out-wit your opponent's strategy.

HB already said next game will feature fifa engine so i guess that's a good thing. most likely feb 09 before next 6 nations. Long way to go but if they implement a solid on line system i guess it is worth waiting.

This aint no biggy but it annoys me that you have to keep pressing down or up to scroll instead of being able to just hold the button. Also it'll be cool if you could let the cpu play a game and just watch just like all the other Ea Sports games.

i think everyone on this forum is waiting ancsiously for an 09 release, cause we all know that rugby 08 was a botch job for the world cup. I ope theres next gen, would love to see wot the players would look like n next gen graphics!! and the movements. Hopefully it will have the whole buidling block attack moves like in fifa, i quite like that idea, cause it would stop the whole repetative sidestep that everyplayer does, i know its picky, but shane williams or jason robinson do not step the same way as Ryan Jones or carl hayman do they, seriously! hahaha! ah well, lets hope!

I think they're going about these rugby games the wrong way. You can't really fit all the nuances and strategy of a rugby match with one person controlling an entire team in real time.

I'd like to see rugby as a turn based strategy game, where you'd have to give orders to your troops at the start of every phase and try to out-wit your opponent's strategy. [/b]

I suggest you looking at taking up Risk my friend!

If a next gen rugby game was to come out it would probably sort some of the poor ai out!

i think ive mentioned this before but isnt it about time we get more teams and compititions aswel? like fifa for example. its frustrating aye? and how they have the fake names etc. wish they would put effort in ruggers

There will be no rugby 09. I bet we'll have to wait till at least 2010 for the next rugby game. 09 just seems too early and too good to be true!

The worrying things is that HB Studios have yet to release a next gen (360, PS3) game. Judging by EA's other development houses' attempts at the other sports franchises, it's taken them a couple of goes/years to get it right.

With online play now required don't hold your hopes up for anything decent anytime soon.

HB Studios do have 5 new games in development, a next gen Rugby 09 could be one of them.

The current ***les HB have been working on have had the longest development windows in their history, merely judging by how slow production of new ***les has been.

HB have also recently opened their Halifax studios. Expansion will also slow progress as new staff are doubtlessly being trained.

My best guess is that HB will have been working on some of their first next-gen ***les in some way for at least 12 months. I'd say we will see the first results of all these things anywhere from 6-12 months. Maybe sooner if we're lucky.

Latest posts