• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Supa Rugby

The idea will be too novel for EA - for the next incarnation of Rugby i hope they focus on 2 things:
1) Gameplay
2) Franchise mode (Madden) - and i would be happy to sacrifice Madden mode for better gameplay.

It is quite likely that Rugby 2006 will be made on a limited budget - i.e there will only be a limited amount of new things they can bring into the game, and the more off the wall ideas put up on this forum the less they will listen to the sensible threads.

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 9 2005, 10:12 AM
So Binge Drinking and Bar Brawls?
... and gang bangs, drug deals and... Oh ****, forgot it was a rugby game. Pity, would have worked well for league
<

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..+Apr 10 2005, 07:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (..::ERIC::.. @ Apr 10 2005, 07:38 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Apr 9 2005, 10:12 AM
So Binge Drinking and Bar Brawls?
... and gang bangs, drug deals and... Oh ****, forgot it was a rugby game. Pity, would have worked well for league
<
[/b]
it wud be awesome to control john hopuate
<

Not a bad idea - actually rugby league r working on these sort of cut scenes for the off season. Not for the upcoming installment though.

i reckon there should be a rugby street game which would be a 7's game it could even be official IRB 7's so like if its hong kong 7s you play on the streets of hong kong etc what do you fink?

Originally posted by sarries fan@Apr 10 2005, 09:22 PM
i reckon there should be a rugby street game which would be a 7's game it could even be official IRB 7's so like if its hong kong 7s you play on the streets of hong kong etc what do you fink?
hey good idea man.....instead of just playing in honkkonk
<
...you can tour the world and stuff...go to nz,america,aussie etc...just like the real 7evens schedule...but i doubt they will use sevens players...they wud use the supastarz of world rugby foir more appeal.....i can picture the razzle dazzle magic of this game
<

ooookee dokee.................when do you guys reckon information for rugby 2006 will come out?

Originally posted by kinkon89@Apr 10 2005, 05:51 AM
ooookee dokee.................when do you guys reckon information for rugby 2006 will come out?
I wouldn't think they'd release any info quite yet as it may put people off buying 2005 if they know 2006 is just around the corner.

If your already trying to pass this point on, but my idea wud be:

Franchise mode

You manage a team, (like fifa 05) sign players, play matches/or simulate them.
sack players if they are not good enough, you get bans, get sacked if not good enough etc.

Modes

GP (guiness premiership) Eng
Division 1 Eng
Super 12
world cup
six nations

Basically wats already on plus more.

and SPONSORSHIP DEALS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

General

Creating players, change everything from their nostral hair length, to what their favourite colour is (well not that detailed hehe) you know what i mean, more body styles, wacky hairstyles, the works.

and Gameplay and graphics tweaked in places, making the computer AI smarter in the process, take the kicking option off for them if you must.

Anyways, i love 2005, but 2006 shud be the bomb, bring it on EA, lets build on the success.

Oh yeah, and maybe have little stat leagues like in football/soccer

Where the top try scorer/point scorer get a prize and brings money and reputation to the club.

Alright, we've scrapped the control-a-player mode so lets have a manager mode. This is how it will work:
First u need to create a team that u use in a world league against pre-made teams. No trading at this stage cos all teams r misfits and players that don't actually exist.

After completeing the world league u get an offer to run a new team in an expanded super 12 or Zurich Premiership. The country this team is in (u chose) will be the country u control in test matches. First u must select or build a stadium, design a uniform and draw some players over. Your S12/ZP team will also play matches against touring sides - international or not. Any matches at your stadium - international or not - you will control.

After going through the S12/ZP season u move to test matches. Select a team. U can chose to have the top 30 players from the tournament from your country put forward by the computer and select most or all of your players from this list.
However, you can select from a full list one position after another.
Play in tri nations or six nations depending on hemisphere and play friendly matches against PI and other touring teams.
If u control a Southern Hemishere team u go on spring tour. If u control a Northern Hemisphere team u play the touring sides.
U play the teams u have selected to verse, so u 'can' go for a grand slam tour. At the end of the tour u play the 'baa baas'.

Also u must make sure all your players r happy and deal with their contracts, u can create players that u can sign on immediately. U need to deal with the money u have and not go bust - sign on sponsors if u need to. View your team information like in madden and a new inlusion is u can view your trophy cabinet.

So???

yeah this is like my idea from a while back in another thread. but i dont think you should choose the team you want, because then you would end up with like, your super12 team, or extremely close to it. i think that the computer should get the best players, and you just fit them into the positions. (ie. two for every position) so you will be able to choose your team, but not end up with your s12 team.

You chose a team location from a given list then u have to sign on players from other teams. Of course u won't be able to get your S12 team. Also maybe sign on players from your created club team if u thought they were goog enough.

BTW once this concept is cleared up i will send this to EA along with stuff from the Gameplay Thread.

Latest posts