• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Easy way to find rugby on UK TV?

canmore

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
Hi, other than BBC2's Super League Show (which I watch regularly), what is there rugby-wise on non-sattelite TV in Scotland? Trying to navigate the online TV guides I have found is a nightmare. I caught 'Sports Centre: Rugby' the other night on ITV, but it doesn't seem to be on again.

Is there some kind of UK 'all rugby on TV guide' available online anywhere?

Thanks!

Do you have freeview?
ITV4 show highlights of Aviva, Heineken Cup and Amlin Cup - it's on on Sunday evenings (I think it's repeated late night on ITV1, something like 11pm-midnightish, not sure what day though)
If you can get BBC Wales on freeview then Scrum V on a sunday - can get this on iPlayer too
BBC Wales also shows some Magners games (Scottish BBC (Alba?) also shows some of the Scottish teams magners games)
All this is on iPlayer too, so atm there's Munster vs Leinster, Ulster vs Scarlets and Scrum V
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/categories/sport/rugby_union

Don't think there is an all-rugby tv guide around, but it'd certainly be helpful :(

Sky Sports and ESPN are the main distributers of Rugby in the U.K so it is very hard to find anything outside of them that is on regularly. Other than ITV 4 i don't really know of any other channels broadcasting Rugby.

Thanks guys, I think I found what I was looking for... I signed up for the Radio Times website and this allows you to set your region, and then simply searching for 'rugby' gives you everything available to you in your area, with channel and timing information. Not perfect, but very handy :)

BBC iPlayer is a lifesaver - Scrum V, live magners league games etc. Even had the Melrose 7s tournament this past week, which was a nice treat
ITV Player also has the Premiership rhighlights show
S4C online - the Welsh channel (you need google chrome to translate it) also has a fair bit of live rugby on their online player
Also, there's a youtube channel run by "hike6ones" http://www.youtube.com/user/hike6ones which has some classic games on it complete (his old channel had literally 100s on, but got shut down for copyright, so watch em whilst you can)

Latest posts